Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Definitely have to buy new tires. And you have to go to the dealership, otherwise you'll void your warranty.

Also, when you run out of gas, you need to buy a new car.

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
Definitely have to buy new tires. And you have to go to the dealership, otherwise you'll void your warranty.

Also, when you run out of gas, you need to buy a new car.
Hehe...

There's a slight chance he references nitrogen from the factory, and possible "problems" mixing gases. But, that said, let the funnies begin...

Alexd

·
Registered
6,718 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Don't trust that free air - it's a supercar, make sure you use only Nissan air.

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,613 Posts
Sorry, I just can't resist.......

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Love the comics, but I think they are asking about the nitro filled tyres.
It's quite possible the funnies are coming from those who maybe not ever purchased brand new off the showroom floor, where the car is delivered with nitro filled tyres. Or maybe you don't actually have the answer if you can top up nitro filled tyres with normal air?
I know the answer but wonder if you can give this guy an accurate response? Usually the case is your jokes with no response means you do not know ?

94 GTR R32 Vspec2
2009 GTR R35 premium
2013 GTR R35 black edition
2015 GTR premium

·
2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
393 Posts
It's quite possible the funnies are coming from those who maybe not ever purchased brand new off the showroom floor, where the car is delivered with nitro filled tyres. Or maybe you don't actually have the answer if you can top up nitro filled tyres with normal air?
I know the answer but wonder if you can give this guy an accurate response? Usually the case is your jokes with no response means you do not know ?
Not all countries sell these cars with pure Nitrogen in the tires. Mine, bought new in Canada, certainly came with normal air.

I'm aware of the minor benefits of using 100% nitrogen but personally I never saw the point of going through the expense and hassle of using 100% nitrogen in street (or even occasionally tracked) cars. I guess it may make some people feel better because they're paying for it. But the normal air we breath (the same stuff you pressurize into your tires at a gas station pump) is perfectly fine for tire use - and if it makes anyone feel better - this "normal" air is almost 80% nitrogen anyway. ;-)

If the OP is asking about topping up Nitrogen filled tires with air, then yes, you certainly can - there is zero concern about that. Of course, over time you'll dilute the pure Nitrogen and lose the "benefits" - but does that really mean anything?

Also, if you had 100% NItrogen in your tires, you would never be able to do this:
That would be bad.

·
Registered
455 Posts

94 GTR R32 Vspec2
2009 GTR R35 premium
2013 GTR R35 black edition
2015 GTR premium
The OP asked if he had to buy new tires or if he could just fill them up. What does that have to do with nitrogen? And here you go claiming people are joking because they're ignorant lol. I'm just reading what the OP wrote...

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Give this guy a break. It is his first car and only 18.

It depends....If your tire has low pressure because you got a puncture, you need new tire. If it is just running flat because air leaked, you can fill it up at gas station.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check your door jam for the correct psi for Front & Rear. Go to a gas station and pump that amount, since its getting cold you might want to air out most of the summer air and put in cold fall/winter air. Tires lose pressure during the cold fast.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
if you want to run Nitrogen in your tires and are in a pinch and need to put in air you can use gas station air! You can always have Nissan dealership empty the tire and put in Nitrogen. Even mixing the air is fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts