Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These tune only AWD M3/M4 are really impressive.

Crazy times we are in when a $76k bmw is the best bang for the buck..

@Visconti glad to see you still pushing the limits

1.5x 60’ on the street is going to hurt some feelings once the aftermarket gets pushing these hard.

·
Registered
2013 Nissan GTR
70 Posts
In another video, looks like that G80 is taking down FBO GTRs pretty easily, which seems about right. FBO GTRs run a 1/4 in about 10.2 seconds or so, full weight.

I wonder if these cars will be able to compete with fully built GTRs in the very close future. Still a young platform and a lot of potential.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI most FBO guys run 10.5-10.6 on a good tire +/- nit picking here but I don’t know many that run 1.5x on the street without R888 and a pretty aggressive tune.

The M3 probably has an aggressive tune knowing Visconti, but it screams for some PS4s. Drag radials and would be cool to see how long trans last.

I mean it’s tune only …

Ability to switch to rwd is a big plus for burn outs.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I ran 10.3 as well @ 135.9 long ago on 20’s but most guys don’t / won’t.

Plenty of 9.9 guys that lightened up a bit too, but they are the statistical outliers.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Yeah I ran 10.3 as well @ 135.9 long ago on 20’s but most guys don’t / won’t.

Plenty of 9.9 guys that lightened up a bit too, but they are the statistical outliers.

^^^
Agreed.

It's important to be accurate with average numbers. FBO also means different things. Full weight with stock size/ratio MPSS tires, but stock DPs and 100 octane got me around 10.4 and 133. Never saw anything better than 1.60 @ 60'
604 and 536 on Dynojet and Mustang dynos respectively (in 2014).

Alexd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts