Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Costco has 09 GTR 1:18 scale ( large ) for sale for 15.00.... Doors, hood etc. all open.......full suspension....... Nice X-mas gift and priced right...

·
Registered
140 Posts
lol sorry to hijack here but I gotta.. my real girl is down for count getting trans/engine build right now.

Stacks o' toy GTR's over here.

The bottom two are radio controlled. The bottom one is legit AWD. Both have fully sprung suspensions, fully proportional digital steering/throttle/brakes, gyros for drifting setups, and blutooth programming. True to my import tuner roots both as well are modded to be much faster than stock with coreless motors, lipos, and electronics. I love this sh_t!
The little one lands small jumps like u wouldn't believe.

old school rc - Kyoshos - they didnt mess around! Big one is a MiniZ still available today. Medium one is a Dnano, no longer available, can occasionally nab a used one on Ebay. Nissan licensed CBA legit exact replicas!

Attachments

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,692 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Kyosho is the manufacturer...

MiniZ is the model of the larger one - 1/24 scale.

Dnano is the model of the middle sized one - 1/43 scale.

The tiny one is just a cheapo die cast 1/64 scale

·
Registered
140 Posts
They also make display case versions of the both the rc cars...

You get the body sitting on a little empty plastic chassis with legit real rubber tires.

That body is interchangeable to the radio control chassis. So it's much less expensive to just buy a display case version without the RC guts if you're just looking for a shelf queen.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The larger one in this pic is an "Autoscale" replica by Kyosho. Same body as the super silver one in prior pics only in the gunmetal grey. It is the body only sitting on a blank chassis (not an r/c chassis) but you can easily remove the body and put it on the rc chassis in 30seconds, interchangeable.

The R34 body in pic fits the R35 rc chassis but takes me about 45mins to swap all the necessary chassis/suspension parts to make the swap... track width changes, wheelbase changes, and suspension damping changes.. teeny tiny parts too its challenging. The body is a little damaged as I drove the SH_T out of the R34 for a few yrs before I swapped it over to R35. This little tiny car is insanely fast and powerful and precise for its size!

The Silvia and the RX7 are Ebay junkers pretty cheap no proportional steering and come only with hard plastic tires purely drift toys. they're really good for what they are and cheap $, but nothing like the precision rc functionality of the Kyosho models.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry guys, no pictures........ wife has already claimed it for x-mas and wrapped it.....It is silver ...I only got to see it for 20 seconds....... It's a deal at Costco...

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Sweet - I don’t see the Costco version on line. Maybe store only ?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts