Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 256 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have major problems with two vendors who advertise and post at GTR life. Two turbos have failed and the responsible vendor will not respond. My question is, is this the kind of topic that people post and discuss at GTR live?

· Registered
375 Posts
I think people should be made aware of such instances.

· Banned
4,732 Posts
Pm to discuss your issues with whoever's turbos they maybe, we will be glad to help you get your issues fixed if these vendors choose not to, As if there are issues they need to be publicized to show lack of quality or failures for the safety and integrity of the gtr community as "cheap quality/failed parts" should not be accepted or sold ever.

Lawerence

· Registered
10,370 Posts
I currently have major problems with two vendors who advertise and post at GTR life. Two turbos have failed and the responsible vendor will not respond. My question is, is this the kind of topic that people post and discuss at GTR live?
Absolutely post it up !!! We've seen quickly how things turn around with this.

· Registered
375 Posts
Haha popcorn time

Sent from my A0001 using GT-R Life mobile app

· I Haul Ass
1,836 Posts
It most certainly is. Once you've tried in good faith - and failed - to resolve an issue with a vendor, do us all a favor and share your experience.

· Registered
109 Posts
This is about my 2014 GTR daily driver, and, for today, I will refer in this saga to Vendor 1 and Vendor 2.

Vendor 1 is the performance shop (trans, engines, performance parts, etc.) and Vendor 2 is the parts supplier.

I paid Vendor 1 for parts/labor to install Stg. 1 turbos that he purchased from Vendor 2.

One month later, one turbo core failed. Vendor 2 sent Vendor 1 a new core and Vendor 1 installed the new core, all at no charge to me.

A few months later ( one month ago) both turbos have totally failed. Vendor 1 is now refusing to perform any work on my car and Vendor 2 keeps telling me daily that delivery of my new turbos will be "in a few days."

Neither demonstrates much interest in resolving this.

Technically, I believe Vendor 1 on the hook for full turbo replacement and he should look to Vendor 2 for perhaps both parts and labor costs.

The car has never been on a track and boost is limited at 20#. Life should have been easy.

Suggestions on resolution?

· Registered
1,659 Posts
Questions:
1. Vendor 1 a reputable shop with a track record of making GT-R engine modifications successfully?
2. Vendor 2 a reputable turbo maker?
3. Why is Vendor 1 refusing to work on your car? Is it because they no longer want to use Vendor 2's turbos?
4. What is Vendor 2's explanation for the failures?

· Registered
375 Posts
This is about my 2014 GTR daily driver, and, for today, I will refer in this saga to Vendor 1 and Vendor 2.

Vendor 1 is the performance shop (trans, engines, performance parts, etc.) and Vendor 2 is the parts supplier.

I paid Vendor 1 for parts/labor to install Stg. 1 turbos that he purchased from Vendor 2.

One month later, one turbo core failed. Vendor 2 sent Vendor 1 a new core and Vendor 1 installed the new core, all at no charge to me.

A few months later ( one month ago) both turbos have totally failed. Vendor 1 is now refusing to perform any work on my car and Vendor 2 keeps telling me daily that delivery of my new turbos will be "in a few days."

Neither demonstrates much interest in resolving this.

Technically, I believe Vendor 1 on the hook for full turbo replacement and he should look to Vendor 2 for perhaps both parts and labor costs.

The car has never been on a track and boost is limited at 20#. Life should have been easy.

Suggestions on resolution?
oh man....so much suspense. Did they figure out why they failed?

Sent from my A0001 using GT-R Life mobile app

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,487 Posts
Questions:
1. Vendor 1 a reputable shop with a track record of making GT-R engine modifications successfully?
2. Vendor 2 a reputable turbo maker?
3. Why is Vendor 1 refusing to work on your car? Is it because they no longer want to use Vendor 2's turbos?
4. What is Vendor 2's explanation for the failures?
+1, 2, 3, and 4 lol

1 - 20 of 256 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.