Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I wanted to give everyone an update in regards to this. After fighting with Nissan to have this part covered since the car has 66k km on car so it is just out a warranty and the fact that I had the same failing part # covered under the 2009 steering wheel lock campaign, they paid for the part and charged me the labor only. I was somewhat still disappointed that they didn't cover the whole thing given the fact that they've acknowledge the fact that this same part revision is failing on 2009. I imagine that its just a matter of time that this will get applied to all 2010 also that have the same issue.

Hats off to everyone at Spinelli Nissan in Montreal. I've never been better treated in ANY car dealer.

I also bought a new battery since I had mine die on me a few times now while and since the car does had quite a lot of electronics and our winters aren't very forgiving in Canada. I had been debating between the Interstate and the Optima Yellowtop. Bought the Interstate with 500cca. Might just be me but the car starts so much better and actually feels better on the road.

On to better and brighter days!

·
Stealth
550 Posts
I wanted to give everyone an update in regards to this. After fighting with Nissan to have this part covered since the car has 66k km on car so it is just out a warranty and the fact that I had the same failing part # covered under the 2009 steering wheel lock campaign, they paid for the part and charged me the labor only. I was somewhat still disappointed that they didn't cover the whole thing given the fact that they've acknowledge the fact that this same part revision is failing on 2009. I imagine that its just a matter of time that this will get applied to all 2010 also that have the same issue.

Hats off to everyone at Spinelli Nissan in Montreal. I've never been better treated in ANY car dealer.

I also bought a new battery since I had mine die on me a few times now while and since the car does had quite a lot of electronics and our winters aren't very forgiving in Canada. I had been debating between the Interstate and the Optima Yellowtop. Bought the Interstate with 500cca. Might just be me but the car starts so much better and actually feels better on the road.

On to better and brighter days!
Good to hear it worked well! I also have nothing but praise for Spinelli Nissan, best service ever!.

As for battery, why not go for Braille? Save some weight at the some time, haha.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nice to hear some positive remarks about Spinelli,
I think that's were I will be bringing my car for the bell housing repairs as I only went once to a dealer
And it was at Nissan Gouverneur in Chomedey for a alignment and was not very impressed of their service .(treated as a versa owner).

We got to continue giving feedback of every service encounter that we have so we can black list the no good ones, and promote the better ones!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.