Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused about the transmission fluid change that Nissan requires on my 2010GTR. The manual clearly says that the transmission fluid and diff fluid change is PERFORMED BASED ON THE MILEAGE ONLY(pg28 2010 Manual)but my dealer says the fluid must be changed at 18mos.I will have approx 6000 miles on my gtr at the 18 month mark no where near the 18,000 miles that the manual indicates for the transmission fluid change as per mileage limit. I as well as others are looking for a common answer here. Any help from those who know???

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to forward them page 28 of the manual which clearly shows the 18,000 miles before changing. Sean from stillen also responded to my post under the service forum and included a copy of the page telling me to forward it as well. I probably wont wait until 18,000 miles but there is no need to do it at 6000 miles at 18mos

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for you response. Happy Thanksgiving. Most people have told me that the mileage is what matters but if you can afford to change it earlier it most likely is a wise move as a lot of gunk accumulates in the tranny that you would want out of there asap.I think i will most likely change the fluid this year somewhere between 18mos and 24 mos POS when i will have somewhere around 8000 to 10,000 miles or so and then i will wait the full 18,000 miles for the next change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.