Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Modern Automotives 3" intakes with the green filter? $299 for raw finish stainless steel. Curious to see if anyone has feedback.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Let me know how the fit and finish is once you get them installed if you could!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Subscribing to this as well. My only concern is they don't seem to have a bracket on them. In any case I'm curious to see how these look compared to the more expensive options out there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw that!

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
I've heard they have MAF scaling issues.. I would steer clear
I heard the same from a reputable dealer of mine on the West Coast.

Said they are very inconsistent car to car, and he prefers to use his go-to mandrel bent aluminum intake providers for consistency on e-tune customers.

With that said, if it's a customer running Speed Density, non-issue.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I don't see how there can be any issues with these unless they are not 3". Can't really mess this up, very simple design and a great price!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I put some of these in the car recently and funny enough I've been working on a Cobb e-tuning issues. Anyone have more details about issues or non issues?

They are obviously ore affordable than many others but would that be a reason other vendors don't like them?

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Looks like they are back up to $399 on their website for the raw ones. They are made of stainless steel piping as well, instead of aluminum. Formula1RR how heavy are they? Any rubbing issues you see since they don't have a bracket to hold them in place?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I haven't installed mine yet but the pipes have a bit of a homemade vibe due mostly to the way the holes are cut for the MAF. It isn't a functional issue though and all of the hardware is top-notch. They even threw in pre-filters. No complaints for $269. No tax for Ohio.

Airflow can be tricky, but we aren't landing on the moon here.

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
Yup, there's no real science to these 45 degree bent pipes. MAF scaling is all in the tune which shouldn't be rocket science as well.

$269 is what they should really cost. No GTR tax there. I'd be all over it, if you can still get it for that price.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts