Nissan GT-R Forum banner

MAP 3" raw intakes

7K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  Ron370 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried Modern Automotives 3" intakes with the green filter? $299 for raw finish stainless steel. Curious to see if anyone has feedback.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Let me know how the fit and finish is once you get them installed if you could!

#14 ·
I put some of these in the car recently and funny enough I've been working on a Cobb e-tuning issues. Anyone have more details about issues or non issues?

They are obviously ore affordable than many others but would that be a reason other vendors don't like them?

#17 ·
Looks like they are back up to $399 on their website for the raw ones. They are made of stainless steel piping as well, instead of aluminum. Formula1RR how heavy are they? Any rubbing issues you see since they don't have a bracket to hold them in place?

#18 ·
I haven't installed mine yet but the pipes have a bit of a homemade vibe due mostly to the way the holes are cut for the MAF. It isn't a functional issue though and all of the hardware is top-notch. They even threw in pre-filters. No complaints for $269. No tax for Ohio.

Airflow can be tricky, but we aren't landing on the moon here.

#23 ·
If people have issues with them, call Chris over at MAP and tell them whats up. All stand-up guys over at MAP and if there's a problem with one of their parts i'm sure they will look into it and get it fixed.

disclaimer: i don't work there or anything but i do live in Minnesota and have bought parts from them and been to their shop for events etc... as stated though, good guys.

#25 ·
My car was used for the development of these and some of the other stuff they sell for the GTR. I eventually did have MAF scaling issues. Was not getting the help I needed from the tuner they used. Switched to SpeedDensity at another shop - no more issues. Fitment is not an issue and quality is good. The routing is a little different than a Cobb pipe. Something to keep in mind if you have items close to the intake pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.