Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AMS can now provide mapping with EcuTeK technology for those customers who are able to be tuned here at our West Chicago location. While we still recommend and use COBB in our Alpha packages, however this software has a few elegant solutions as well which may be useful for your GTR.

Here are some of the defining features of this software:
-Gear dependent rev limiters
-Adjustable launch control rpm (using ANY launch control method in any traction setting auto or manual)
-Adjustable fuel/timing/cam timing for launching
-Blended speed density and maf tuning
-Map switching on the steering wheel (2 maps)
-Adjustable boost level on steering wheel
-upshift boost spike prevention (for those of you running actuators on the stock turbos)
-Ability to use IAT sensor other than factory nissan
-Individual cylinder fuel trims
-Preservation of the oem style boost control system with boost targets and feedback to maintain the desired boost level

For more information or to schedule an appointment for tuning please contact us at 847 709 0530.

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no e-tune available at all currently when using this software.

The AP is not needed for the TCM unless you wish to make on the fly adjustments to the torque capacities and touch points.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wish I could just throw money at Cobb so they could implement these features on the AccessPort, and we could do away with EcuTek entirely.

However, Gogo AMS, and thank you very much for taking the time to state what key features EcuTek provides.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
liking those individual cylinder fuel trims
...just need to get EGT monitoring on each cylinder too

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
AMS, it would seem to me that by not using this on your core product offering (Alpha kits), you are implying some judgement on the EcuTek. I am not saying what that judgement is (read btwn the lines) but would you say that my statement is accurate? Granted, I am sure what was available during production and R&D played into what you use now.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
AMS, it would seem to me that by not using this on your core product offering (Alpha kits), you are implying some judgement on the EcuTek. I am not saying what that judgement is (read btwn the lines) but would you say that my statement is accurate? Granted, I am sure what was available during production and R&D played into what you use now.
Right now EcuTek has no GT-R solution that lets end users load different tunes, update trans settings (capacities/touchpoints). etc. so its a partial solution. Without the ability to do end-user map switching getting a quick touch-up done by Chris to a map isn't possible, and a draw back when you're not local to the shop (I'm 14+ hours away from AMS assuming that DHS doesn't decide they need to check my cavaties when I try to cross the border)

As John (@TheShopCT) mentioned hopefully "the cable" w/software that allows non-tuners to do that is only a month or so away, but right now its an incomplete solution for us Alpha folks...

·
Banned
853 Posts
I think you may be reading into it a bit much. They just announced being able to offer Ecutek less than 2 weeks ago and there have been Alpha packages for years. They have years of experience and tons of tunes with Cobb and it's tested and works well (except for 2012s IMO). It's very possible that they would offer it as an option at some point as it improves and they have more experience with it.

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We currently offer only the COBB for our Alpha packages due to the great amount of success that we have had with it. It currently satisfies 99% of our customers needs. We have the other software platform because it offers unique things to the platform and it is very important to keep current with the state of engine management. Wherever we might be able to find an edge we will certainly explore that option and use it as necessary and ALSO offer it to customers.

There are no high horsepower GTR's that have yet been tuned with this latest software (1000+), however I plan to do some experimentation with it (possibly as soon as this week) to see if it is a viable solution for our Alpha 10 and 12 packages. The biggest downside to the software currently is that there is no way for me to adjust or or look at logs of customers cars which are not directly in my area. This is an issue that should be rectified if/when the cables are available for it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.