Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I live in the Boston area and my inspection is due this January. Anyone have some good recommendations for places to get your state inspection and to pass the emissions test?

I currently have stock downpipes, Hks midpipe and Hks legamax. I'm considering adding downpipes (later), but I know that increases my chances to fail. To those who are registered in MA with full exhausts, what are ways to pass emissions test and where to go? Please let me know Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Ull still pass emissions as long as factory downpipes are still installed. Its more getting around the noise forme. I havefull straight pipes with factory downpipes andit passes no problem.

Ive been lucky to get around the super loud pipes. If i get hassled this year im going to put factory midpipe on to pass then swap back out

·
Registered
169 Posts
You could pass with catless down pipes. If your check engine light isn't on and your inspector is friendly.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could pass with catless down pipes. If your check engine light isn't on and your inspector is friendly.
Is it a 50/50 chance that the check engine light is on, or is there a way to shut that off? Are you in MA? If yes.. Whos the friendly inspector :p

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Im in mass but the other end of the state. My guy ignored the noise and cage but said no dashlights on. Im not sure how itd pass with no cats

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What if I go with a different setup like:

*Catless Dp and catted midpipe

Will that be ok? I dont know if MA is OBD2 or Wand or also how many cats are required. Thanks guys

·
Vendor
313 Posts
MA has no sniff test. OBDII only. However they KNOW what systems your car should have active. Just an FYI, I would be 100% sure your cat system is enabled. If your running a Cobb stage 2 it not be. If you are running a custom tune you should check and be sure those systems are active. Most EcuTek tuners basemaps have the cat system disabled. Work with someone local like us if you do not wish to have issues if you go catless.

·
RED GT-R
543 Posts
PM me if you need to help to pass MA sticker. I know a shop that can help as long as no CEL is on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts