Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around, and it seems that there isn't a 1 stop shop for carbon pieces that match the factory ones (rear diffuser). Anyway, I think it would be cool if someone released a package for the GTR that matched the factory carbon as closely as possible (weave and matte look) with the following:

Exterior:

Front Lip (replace the existing dark grey factory piece)
Side Skirts (replace the existing dark grey factory pieces)
Grill (replace the existing black plastic piece and that removes the chrome trim ring on the front bumper)
Factory Spoiler (knock off of the black edition spoiler)
Side Vents (replace the existing dark grey factory pieces)
GTR Side Logos (replace the existing silver factory pieces)
Hood Vents (replace the existing dark grey pieces)

Interior:

Around shifter (replace the easily scratched silver piece)
Around steering wheel controls
Ect. Maybe just a package that contains little bits and pieces that are easily marked in the factory pieces

I know that some of these parts already exist, however, you can't seem to find them with the same finish, weave, etc. I mean who wants a spoiler and side vents that match, but Side Skirts that are a different finish or weave?

Also, the other huge problem is price--I know it's a GTR so that automatically merits a 5x price increase, but it's a little ridiculous. Most of the parts listed would be completely cosmetic as the weight difference would be VERY small. I added up the parts that I wanted and it came out to 20k--that's insane, to save maybe 2-3 lbs for the lot. 20k is a turbo kit--if someone would address this with some reasonably priced packages, I think they would sell out.

For example, 2k for an exterior package and 1k for an interior package...something along those lines.

·
There can be only one.
1,004 Posts
I think some people are doing CF wraps for those pieces that look just like CF at a fraction of the cost. I considered it for my front chin spoiler, but haven't done it yet.
S.

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
I think some people are doing CF wraps for those pieces that look just like CF at a fraction of the cost. I considered it for my front chin spoiler, but haven't done it yet.
S.
Do they have wrap that looks like matte carbon by chance? I was thinking about that considering the weight savings are so minimal anyway, but only have seen glossy looking carbon. Thanks for the input

*UPDATE: google is your friend
Just found some matte carbon wrap on Amazon, though I would still be interested in a vendor putting together a reasonable CF package.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Take a look at RSW, just emailed them and they seem to have a good selection of stuff.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

·
Founder, GTRCanada.com
375 Posts
I just ordered RSW CF pieces for my interior. Costs more than a wrap but the quality is top notch and fitment is incredible. I bought from Daryl at Tunerlab. [email protected]
Wood Rectangle Font Material property Wood stain

Glasses Vision care Wood Font Office supplies

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.