Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
keep rear and side skirts grey or paint black?
leave grey1041.67%
paint black1458.33%

·
Registered
736 Posts
My dilema is do i paint the skirts black first or leave them grey?
Thanks for looking and i await your replys please.
Please excuse the horrible pic. one side is not faded , its the sun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
I bought the Wald Difusser last year and never installed it because I didn't know if to pain the skirts as well. I think you should leave it grey. Did Rexspeed make this in full carbon of fiberglass with carbon over? If it's full carbon it would be a great deal since the quality looks good.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the Wald Difusser last year and never installed it because I didn't know if to pain the skirts as well. I think you should leave it grey. Did Rexspeed make this in full carbon of fiberglass with carbon over? If it's full carbon it would be a great deal since the quality looks good.
It's black in the inside . Does that answer the question ? Not sure

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It's black in the inside . Does that answer the question ? Not sure
how does it attach ( sorry for the noob question) do you have to "cut/ remove" any oem stuff?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how does it attach ( sorry for the noob question) do you have to "cut/ remove" any oem stuff?
The oem defusser has to be trimmed in the center section so that it fits.
I am going to take into the shop to have it done. I may actually paint it body color black to get a better contrast but leave the fins with exposed cf.
IDK

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Seems crazy to me to pay for a piece that has decorative CF finish (as it is fibreglass with a CF layer over it), then paint over the CF! But that's just my opinion...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems crazy to me to pay for a piece that has decorative CF finish (as it is fibreglass with a CF layer over it), then paint over the CF! But that's just my opinion...
Lol , good point . Just brainstorming out loud . The install wait is killing me .

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (brucewayne @ Aug 28 2011, 05:12 PM)
Lol , good point . Just brainstorming out loud . The install wait is killing me .

Just buy CF sideskirts then you'll have all CF lower parts to match your front splitter.
Thanks for the help.: )

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
im a big fan of matte cf against black - all my exposed stuff is matte now

reminds me of...

·
Registered
883 Posts
Diffuser looks real good! Is it possible to trim diffuser rather than oem diffuser to make it fit?

Anyone out there try one on a 2012?

^I too thought of the CLK63BS when I first saw this diffuser.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Derek from rexspeed could answer this but i am 90 percent sure u still would have to cut a inch in the middle of the 2012 difusser to make this fit

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Could you please more accurately describe this 'modification' required for the rear piece to fit?
sorry for the crude pic but if you look at the section i cut out of the picture is what needs to be trimmed/cut .
Thats probably why u c no used wald difussers available.
It needs to be done so that it curves inwards.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts