Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, as the title of the thread states, I'm actually just looking to do the Gotboost 3" intakes and an HKS Offroad (no Cats) midpipe. Can the 2014 GTR stock injectors flow enough fuel for the added increased air, and increased exhaust flow?

Still will have the stock down pipes.

Appreciate your input.

Dave

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
up to 16psi for all GT-Rs. 2014's is no different. More than that and more mods and stock injectors tap out.
Ok thanks, I read that '14's received an updated injector, didn't know if was better or worse than prior ones? Are you saying, the stock injectors can handle the intake & midpipes? Or no? I am not going to do e85 or other mods.

goonthree said:
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]I had that setup 4 years ago and car cut off at 165 mph in the summer!!! [/background]
What exact mods did you have? And what altitude?

Best Regards,
Dave

· Registered
3,587 Posts
Yes on intakes and midpipe you can stay with stock injectors and stock pumps (only needed for E85). I ran that for almost a year and could not go higher than 16psi without hitting 100% Injector duty cycle. But the car ran well and was a great point to stop if you don't want to go all out.

When I added a Switzer 90mm cat back I hit 105% IDC. Next mod was catless cast downpipes and I was planning on injectors soon after but wanted to see what my IDC was and it was over 120%! I scaled it way down for the meantime and installed 1050cc injectors a week later...

· Registered
8,106 Posts
3" intake, aam resonant midpipe, Tonabe catback and Cobb with custom tune. At sea level

Ok thanks, I read that '14's received an updated injector, didn't know if was better or worse than prior ones? Are you saying, the stock injectors can handle the intake & midpipes? Or no? I am not going to do e85 or other mods.

What exact mods did you have? And what altitude?

Best Regards,
Dave

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! Do the bigger injectors allow a car with intake and exhaust to run more boost than another car with same intake and exhaust, but stock injectors?

Meaning if 16psi is max for stock injectors with 3" intake and mid pipe, would 1100 cc and same mods allow for 17 or 18psi?

Best Regards,
Dave

· Registered
161 Posts
Great thread. Asking myself this exact question as I look to get 3" intakes to compliment my Quadzilla mp.

I'm going to get injectors next mostly because I've read (and someone please chime in if this in inaccurate) that the stock injectors have inconsistent performance near 100% IDC.

I'm looking more for a reliable power setup than a max power setup so injectors seem to make sense...

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and 2014's have the same injector size as all GT-R's.
Yes, but according to the press release they had been revised for better response and mid range power.

· gta88ws6
834 Posts
Most injectors on any car are considered maxed out @ 90% idc, they are considered static (open100% of the time essentially)

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

· gta88ws6
834 Posts
Maybe different nozzle or patern plate?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is the info from the original press release of the '14 GTR:
New fuel injectors are adopted for enhanced torque response in the 4,500 - 6,000 rpm range, improving throttle and acceleration feel at mid- and high-rpm ranges. Also, an oil pan baffle has been added to stabilize oil behavior and oil pressure under high performance driving conditions. The baffle reduces rotational friction, which contributes to the increased responsiveness.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.