Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 617 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,253 Posts
you know me i gotta be first!

got my ECU updated today

and here are the FACTS!! it works EXACTLY like launch control

press the brake down and floor it! the car revs to 3K rpm and then you take your foot of the brake

it will do this in auto and manual mode with VDC in R or Normal!

with VDC off it does the same thing so there isnt ANY benifit now to launching with VDC off.

its about 80% of what Launch control was in my opinion

i went out and did some runs with the GTECH with a 170 lbs passenger and got 3.7's everytime.. with just me in the car its easily 3.6's or better (gotta try auto mode) i made all my runs in manual

i think you guys who were getting 11.7's with out LC will be in the 11.5's now!

i will post a vid later

but Nissan did right by us we now have launch control like porsche that you can use without fear!

bad quality but here is a quick clip of the revs

tranny temp got to 210 so i quit for the day

·
Founder/Admin
26,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its the same with VDC off and on they made VDC off useless

·
Registered
870 Posts
will this reflash awailable in europe? or can i flash it through cobb AP?

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
How is the non LC launch. Basically just flooring it from a standstill. Is the hesitation gone?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
why is this good? 0-60 just went from 3.4 to 3.7??
No. In his test with his timing method he achieved a 3.8....dosnt mean thats all the car will do. Remember the magazines had times ranging from 3.3-4.1 0-60 when the GTR first came out....i'm sure the 0-60 with the update will be VERY similar to what it was before. At most your looking at one or two tenths off your 0-60 with the old LC vs. the new.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks MC!

I heard talk that the reflash may include the extra 5HP on the 2010 models. Any mention of this by the dealer?

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
hopefully getting mine done tomorrow...
Cool!

Just as a safety reminder to everyone, make sure to "UNINSTALL" your Cobb AP's before doing the Nissan ECU reprogram at the dealership. Switching to stock map is not sufficient...do the UNINSTALL.

·
Registered
751 Posts
thanks for making the leap for alot of us! I wanted to get some opinions on it before i took the plunge myself. so far, im sold. I'll probably wait a few weeks yet tho for more feedback though.

1 - 20 of 617 Posts