Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Damn this video really shows the GT-R's weight, like a fat lady showing off her red thong at the beach. lol

Seriously tho this is very encouraging to see a mildly tuned MCR GT-R keep up with the very nimble yet powerful RE AMEMIA RX-7 at the Touge.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
That was interesting to watch. However, narrow road, short course, you could do this 1000 times, and the car that starts in front will win every time. Where could you possibly pass on that course.

Love watching both cars in action though as soon, I will own both.

·
NAGTROC design team
2,827 Posts
LOL! That's what I was wondering. How are they determining the winner? Seems like the guy on the left is "given" the start. The only way to change leads is if the guy in front spins-out...which would probably block the whole road anyway.

I'm confused.

It is nice to see such a heavy car handle the turns so well though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think GTR did awesome! That RX7 is pretty much best thing for Touge, looking at the weight difference alone I though GTR would be completely slaughtered but it kept up very well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Togue like this is not at all about passing. Its about maintaining distance. If the guy in front increases distance, he wins.

If the guy in the back stays close, then he wins.
not quite

Hot Version is using gimped touge rules.

real touge rules:

Leader wins by increasing distance.
Chaser wins by passing the leader and holding the position all the way to the finish line.
Chaser maintaining distance to the Leader leads to another round and switching leader/chaser position.
Spinning means loss, no mater what position.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
not quite

Hot Version is using gimped touge rules.

real touge rules:

Leader wins by increasing distance.
Chaser wins by passing the leader and holding the position all the way to the finish line.
Chaser maintaining distance to the Leader leads to another round and switching leader/chaser position.
Spinning means loss, no mater what position.
Yep but YOU and I know it changes and tyndago said you make it up as you go along......

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Damn this video really shows the GT-R's weight, like a fat lady showing off her red thong at the beach. lol

Seriously tho this is very encouraging to see a mildly tuned MCR GT-R keep up with the very nimble yet powerful RE AMEMIA RX-7 at the Touge.
Midly tuned? Not so much MCR is pushing approx. 600 hp now but heavy? yes. The RE RX-7 is very powerful and VERY light...

Edit: Didnt realise, this is an old video. This was done when the MCR had mild tune(exhuast etc) and pretty much all interior, the RX-7 was almost 600kg lighter. This is very good for GT-R potential. Since then MCR has added suspension tuning etc...
They are now looking at upgrade for transmission, since clutches are going becuase of excess power...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I think GTR did awesome! That RX7 is pretty much best thing for Touge, looking at the weight difference alone I though GTR would be completely slaughtered but it kept up very well.
exactly.

Its like that one video where an AE86 beat an R34. Lighter cars own Touge, specially heavily moded, turbo cars.

That FD is a race ready car. GTR did well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts