Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
A buddy and I decided to try my car on 93 up against his modded 2008 Zx10r. We did a few runs:

20 mph (2 runs) Only 1 of these posted on the video. He says I jumped the start on that one so he left it out.

40 mph (1 run) For some reason he thought this was a 60 roll when he edited the vid.

From a dig (1 run)

The run on the video from 20 he didn't come around me until like 140 mph. The 40 roll I fucked up and he got me good. The dig race he says he hit 150 mph when I hit the brakes.

As always thanks to my man Doug @fabshopmiami for building me a monster and my tuner Bill @sprayitracing for dialing it in.

·
Registered
980 Posts
What are the GTR mods??

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mods? After listening to that background music you must still be in your 20's ;)
Lol, no actually I am not in my 20's (far from it) and I had NO control whatsoever over the editing of the video or the music. I wish I had though.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Someone got manhandled on the dig run,nice!!!

The music is fitting for the squidly Mohawk on the helmet and missing/broken left hand mirror

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
+1 on mods?
I have the normal things like intakes, downpipes, midpipe, exhaust, injectors, fuel pumps, inlets. We put in an AMS race intercooler and gotboost intercooler pipes. Tial bov's. Clutches, circlips and some other tranny goodies. All work done by [email protected]. Speed density tuned on Ecutek by [email protected]. Running on 93 right now.

AND in case my boy is reading this (you know who you are) Doug put nitrous in my car too. Let's line them up again. Oh and I have rolling launch so brake boost all you want lol.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope stock turbos for now. Running super strong. Trying to maxed it out and see what we can get out of her as is. Turbos are already bought though. They'll go in and Doug will build my motor. Just have not figured out a timeframe for all of that yet.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
pretty impressed for stock turbos especially since they are so "weak" in the top end, i am racing my buddies stock busa soon not sure how itll work for me though

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pretty impressed for stock turbos especially since they are so "weak" in the top end, i am racing my buddies stock busa soon not sure how itll work for me though
What are your mods? My buddy swears he kills busa's with his Zx10r. I do know he does have an extended swing arm which helps him with the traction. He also has a full exhaust and a power commander.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If he is truly stock I don't see a problem with you getting him from a 20 roll or a dig. From 60 you might have your work cut out for you. When are you doing this?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Keep me posted and take a gopro I wanna see what happens.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts