Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 226 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As new sponsors of NAGTROC we are proud to announce our 100% guaranteed transmission controller remapping for R35 GTRs.

For those that are unfamiliar with MHP, we focus primarily on European tuning however we also enjoy filling niche markets such as these, Siemens EGS 51/52/53s, Chrysler 68RFEs, etc. As far as we know we are the only entities currently offering TCU remaps for the R35s (100% map access). Our trans tuning includes the following:

1) 100% TCU Torque Management Elimination

2) Quicker WOT Up and Downshifts

3) Modified Launch Control (more aggressive rpm and clutch application)

4) Raised shift points (+200rpm over stock, must have ECU tune with raised limiter in order to function properly)

5) Part Throttle and WOT Tuning

6) Optional: For race only teams we also lower the threshold for trans temp triggered quasi limp mode (slower shifting).

What this means is that you'll experience not only quicker WOT up and downshifts, but also harder pull while in gear and even quicker launches. Up to 40% of total driveline torque management can be found in the transmission controller, so those doing ECU/ECM/PCM only tuning will never see the true potential of their vehicles. Also tuning the trans controller along with the ECU means the controllers will work together instead of fighting each other which can and usually does lead to driveline parts breakage.

We have 100% engine controller map access as well however we do not tune via OBD tools, TCU in these cars is impossible to do OBD, all controllers must be shipped to us to be benchflashed. Typical turnaround time is 7 days vs our usual 1-2. This is because of how labor intensive it is to simply read/write the GTR transmission file itself, not even counting the remapping aspect. Setup, extraction, and flashing takes ~4hrs per TCU and can only be done by myself and one other of my assistants; suffice it to say it's not an easy job, at all. Also the tools necessary to read/write these files are only used for GTRs, meaning if they're taking up bench space we can't flash other controllers.

We have race tested our files and are now ready to release them to the public. I expect there to be quite a few questions, which is great and wholly understandable, however this is also one of the busier times of the year for us. We will gladly answer any questions to the best of our ability, however ultimately we believe that our products speak for themselves, as such we'd like to get as much objective customer feedback/data as possible from forum members as quickly as possible.

List price on our GTR TCU Tuning is $4495.00 which includes return AM Overnight shipping on our end. However for the first 30 days for NAGTROC and select other forum members cost is $3495.

If we can get at least 10 TCUs together to tune at the same time, cost drops to $2995 per unit initially.

Those with specific questions can always email [email protected] or call direct at 614 940 9523.

For those unfamiliar with MHP, here's a little bit of background info on who we are and what we specialize in (predominately race quality hardware/software):

All of our software carries a 14 day 100% money back satisfaction based guarantee.

Here's a before/after dyno of my S85 M5, baseline with BMC drop-ins and no charcoals was 415rwhp, after v3 ECU tuning we made 446rwhp SAE (6th gear/1:1, 93 octane, DynoJet, SAE CF, Smoothing at 5) netting a 31rwhp SAE gain peak to peak (not greatest difference).

Q/F C63 Overall N/A 63 AMG

Has gone [email protected] at Palm Beach International Raceway, and holds the 63 AMG record at 8.46 seconds 60-130mph (6speed verified) so far in FL air. We anticipate being in the [email protected] range N/A with our new billet M156 cams, then spray a 100 shot:

http://tintprotector.com/blog/?p=153

Gulf Customer with S2 C63 and a straight road:

Race Ported M156/63 AMG Cylinder Heads:

C63 Longtube Headers (100rwhp/60rwtq SAE 93 octane gains on average with our matched tuning vs stock):

MHP v3 CDT + LT headers vs Stock Dyno:

MHP S3 (no cams yet) Dyno:

MHP S2 (headers/catback/tuning/filters/tstat) 70-180 Roll:

45-160:

Fly by:

Our new open track car:

Other customer vehicles on display at the Orlando Festivals of Speed Event (held at the Orlando Ritz Carlton the last weekend in October) we co-sponsored (www.festivalsofspeed.com):

Shot of the Cartec/Maha dyno we test our files on in Europe, complete with fans capable of blowing 180mph:

http://www.modernhorsepower.com/images/dyn...-Windtunnel.jpg

SL65 BS before/after ECU/TCU:

http://www.modernhorsepower.com/images/dyn...G_Black-MHP.jpg

Lambo LP640 before/after ECU/TCU:

http://www.modernhorsepower.com/images/dyn...boLp640-web.jpg

Gallardo SE/5.2L before/after ECU/TCU:

http://www.modernhorsepower.com/images/Gallardo-Tuned.JPG

E90 M3 before/after ECU only:

http://www.modernhorsepower.com/images/dyn...0M3Dyno-web.jpg

Crappy cell phone video of one of the Veyrons we tuned for Sheik Al Nahyan (we're not allowed to take pics/vids of royals vehicles but I snuck this one out, same car as featured in the Top Gear episode. There are 6 Veyrons in the U.A.E., we've tuned 3 of them to date).

Apologies for the long into post but I wanted to give everyone an idea of who we are and what we've done. I along with with Tom "[email protected]" will be available to answer questions on the forum, via email ([email protected], [email protected]) or directly at 614 940 9523, 720 999 1888.

Again, this is our busiest time of year (overseas markets) so if I miss your call I'm either on another call or flashing, please leave a VM and I will call you back as soon as I can. My reachable hours are 11am-5am EST (OH) 7 days a week until the end of January, Tom has a more normal schedule presently and is located in CO/CST.

Thank You

Andrew Cluck, Owner
Modern Horsepower LLC

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
wow great to hear.. im sure we can get 10 people together to do this... but personally i think you should offer your services for a cheap / free cost to one of the people experiencing the high hp / high torque no shift issue. Like Hing or another one of those greddy big cars. Any ideas about this being resolved with your TCU upgrades? I am 100% in if this issue is taken care of as well as a few other tweaks i would like made.

Mark

·
Registered
157 Posts
exciting to hear, but 4k+..... Im very unfamiliar with tcus but that seems high to me.

either way, very exciting news. congrats!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
wow great to hear.. im sure we can get 10 people together to do this... but personally i think you should offer your services for a cheap / free cost to one of the people experiencing the high hp / high torque no shift issue. Like Hing or another one of those greddy big cars. Any ideas about this being resolved with your TCU upgrades? I am 100% in if this issue is taken care of as well as a few other tweaks i would like made.

Mark
Mark,
Thanks for posting.

Fill me in on the no shift details, from what it sounds like so far it's more than likely TCU based TM killing the fun. We see it happen in quite a few different makes/models.

The goal of the initial 10 sale price customers is to net a wide array of modified vehicles (mild to wild) so that objective third person results can be posted for those interested in multiple tiers of modification so to speak.

All our software carries a 14 day 100% satisfaction based guarantee so there is no risk.

Unfortunately as much as we'd like to accomodate your one freebie offer we can't simply due to the fact that if we do anything for free we lose $. This time of year we're experiencing heavy overseas sales which means we're working 18hr+ days, 7 days a week, and are backed up at least 3-4 days for most non domestic files.

We performed our GTR R35 TCU R&D with a race team in Hong Kong, IIRC their cars are making 550-600whp, however there is no known limitation (post tuning) as far as ultimate HP/TQ go.

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exciting to hear, but 4k+..... Im very unfamiliar with tcus but that seems high to me.

either way, very exciting news. congrats!!
Thank you.

Take advantage of the initial sale price ;)

As previously mentioned the GTR TCU specifically is a very labor intensive flash, after doing 4 of these (meaning that's all I do that day) I can barely see straight no kidding lol.

On the whole you'll probably never find anyone that says our products are inexpensive, just rest assured that you get what you pay for and more, and we have more objective customer results per model than any other tuner. The fact that we're the only ones doing these controllers should give you an idea of how difficult it actually is.

Thanks!
Andy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi andrew

I am based in Hong Kong, have a few questions :

- What is the leadtime typically for reflash and return

- Will the new tune create more stress on the gearbox ?

- Does it affect the engine ecu/ mapping as its currently tuned on Cobb/ obd

mainly unhappy with the upshift... its not that quick

best regards
Simon

Thank you.

Take advantage of the initial sale price ;)

As previously mentioned the GTR TCU specifically is a very labor intensive flash, after doing 4 of these (meaning that's all I do that day) I can barely see straight no kidding lol.

On the whole you'll probably never find anyone that says our products are inexpensive, just rest assured that you get what you pay for and more, and we have more objective customer results per model than any other tuner. The fact that we're the only ones doing these controllers should give you an idea of how difficult it actually is.

Thanks!
Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi andrew

I am based in Hong Kong, have a few questions :

- What is the leadtime typically for reflash and return

- Will the new tune create more stress on the gearbox ?

- Does it affect the engine ecu/ mapping as its currently tuned on Cobb/ obd

mainly unhappy with the upshift... its not that quick

best regards
Simon
Simon,

I'll be ready to ship your tuned TCU back to you within 7 days of receiving the controller. Other than courier, I've only ever seen race teams use them, I believe FedEx Int Express is the quickest way back and forth.

Some of the changes we make, for instance those made to create quicker/faster shifting, also increase transmission clutch longevity. Other changes such as TQ management elimination essentially give the driver back control of ultimate driveline life vs letting the controller manage it.

With that being said if a customer were to go out and perform 5 back to back LC assisted WOT runs the trans will probably fall out of the car lol--which I'm pretty sure would happen anyway.

Reading through some posts in this and other forums we're seeing that some owners are experiencing clutch slippage and abnormally fast clutch wear, others still are seeing the aforementioned no shift issue (really sounds like a TQ limiter issue) in higher HP/TQ applications. All of these concerns are addressed by our software remaps. This is not to say we can bring a piece of broken or almost broken hardware back from the dead, however it's been proven time and time again that proper transmission tuning will make hardware last longer in the vast majority of apps. The sooner you tune the trans to cope with the extra engine power, the longer your trans will live.

No, our trans tuning has no effect on the engine tuning regardless of tuner. Just make sure the engine controller's shift points are raised as described above, and that all TQ limiters are removed/eliminated.

Upshift speed was one of the major "fixes" incorporated in our remaps. They are significantly quicker. We are a week or two away from data logging post tune shift times vs stock, they just need to get back to the track and we'll have some actual numbers. So far it looks like we knocked between 2-3 seconds off a 1:50 circuit lap.

Thanks!
Andy

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
am i the only one who finds this post a little strange ? a load of info dumped of various cars/parts. dyno sheets of M5's, headers with guns and on the grass.

so no tuner on here has tested this ? other than a HK tuner which no one knows about.

i see wild gtr tax. when you consider the Cobb TCM tuning could likely be free update with accessport.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
am i the only one who finds this post a little strange ? a load of info dumped of various cars/parts. dyno sheets of M5's, headers with guns and on the grass.

so no tuner on here has tested this ? other than a HK tuner which no one knows about.

i see wild gtr tax. when you consider the Cobb TCM tuning could likely be free update with accessport.
You shouldn't
I'm willing to bet a vast majority of this forum's membership has no idea who we are simply because we primarily focus on European and even moreso domestic vehicles. It was a brief "allow me to introduce us post" and I would hope that it gives at least some of the members a little more background info on who we are, the quality of products we design/fabricate/create, etc.

Yes the GTR is a different vehicle which is kind of the point, we've done it many times before (2007.5+ Cummins 68RFE/trans tuning (MHP exclusive), EGS51 Jaguar/trans tuning (MHP exclusive), EGS52/53 MB/AMG/SRT8/3.0CRD (We and around 5 other tuners do them globally, we're the only ones with 100% money back guarantees on ours), first to tune the trans maps in a Bosch ME9.7/63 AMG, etc, etc.

Also, you will NEVER have 100% TCU map access via an OBDII tool, not to knock anyone else's product but that's just a fact.

The "Hong Kong tuner" is actually a race team that circuits 4 GTRs. They are now our Hong Kong distributor if that tells you anything ;)

Also please with all due respect, let's keep this thread on track and not begin the "XX tax" digression. We get paid/pay by the hour, and make the same rate per hour regardless of vehicle, and we primarily tune only higher end performance vehicles. Time=$ as in any other business.

All my partners in Europe are former factory trained/apprentice Siemens, Denso, Bosch engineers, and we extensively race and dyno test all files before offering them publicly--real R&D costs real $. This assures us the highest quality remaps, however there's a lot of R&D behind them, using expensive facilities, and factory trained tuners who know the value of their work, hence the price. The best files will always cost the most money, that's how this industry works.

Honestly though in this case for what you're getting it's a relative bargain. Other than ECU tuning I don't see any other mods that will net not only WOT gains but also better drivability at part throttle--something that can be enjoyed on a daily basis.

I would be willing to discount one CDT (ECU and TCU) GT-R to show what we can do with 100% map access in both controllers on a stock or near stock GT-R. Please PM if interested.

What we are saying is that we have, right now/today, the ability to remap a R35 GTR TCU, and to our knowledge are the only ones to have done so to date. We are interested in proving our files to the membership of this forum and beyond which is why we're offering the initial sale pricing.

Thanks!
Andy

ps--the "Best Friends" Pic was taken by one of my C63 LT/Tune customers, I kind of like it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Just noticed you're a vendor.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Just noticed you're a vendor.
well i hope that doesn't make my interest any less valid. i want to see the tcm mapping game move on as much as anyone

Nismo and Mines/techtom appear to have tcm flashes also. we don't supply them , just saying

ok fair play about your Hong Kong race team, but their's no drag strip or circuit in Hong Kong. do you have dyno info for the R35 ? before and after on track details, driver feedback etc..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i hope that doesn't make my interest any less valid. i want to see the tcm mapping game move on as much as anyone

Nismo and Mines/techtom appear to have tcm flashes also. we don't supply them , just saying

ok fair play about your Hong Kong race team, but their's no drag strip or circuit in Hong Kong. do you have dyno info for the R35 ? before and after on track details, driver feedback etc..
That's all we ask for, a fair chance to prove ourselves in your market.

I'll have to look into the Nismo and Mines/techtom flashes. I'd like to find out if they have 100% access or how many total maps they modify, we alter over 45 and can go over 65+ with a highly custom file. I would have to believe a Nismo file would be less aggressive by nature than other aftermarket remaps.

We should have a good amount of objective data (lap time reduction, etc) in the next 2 weeks from them. It will be passed on as soon as we receive it.

I have in car vidoe links of their cars running around a track in Hong Kong, I'll ask them what track it was. I think it was a 1:40, 1:50 lap time track pre-tune, will verify that as well. No dyno or 1/4 mile results yet, which again is why we're offering the initial sale pricing. As much or more than anyone, we want objective customer data.

Thanks!

·
Formerly R35_395
1,073 Posts
Price is outrageous.
There are plenty more options coming into the market as we speak.

I would give you $500 max for a TCM reflash and no more but then it's still not proven, is it?
Worst thing to happen to the GT-R was GT-R tax.

Edit: website is rather vague.
http://www.modernhorsepower.com/performance-tuning.htm

Where is the Nissan link to anything?
Got any screenshots of a TCU map?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Price is outrageous.
There are plenty more options coming into the market as we speak.

I would give you $500 max for a TCM reflash and no more but then it's still not proven, is it?
Worst thing to happen to the GT-R was GT-R tax.

Edit: website is rather vague.
http://www.modernhorsepower.com/performance-tuning.htm

Where is the Nissan link to anything?
Got any screenshots of a TCU map?
Website is "vague" due to a total redesign that won't be complete for another month. Our apologies. We're too busy working to spend time on the site, not such a bad problem to have actually.

As for price it is what it is, you truly have no idea what it takes to successfully remap a GTR TCU, and if there's no market for it on this website, no sweat off our or your backs. We'll continue to sell them via our dealers. Our tuning certainly isn't for everyone however it has proven itself superior in every market we venture into. We typically serve those looking for cutting edge race tuning like Porsche PASM/TC cutout patches, Ferrari's authentic SuperFast F1 Map Patch, etc.

The files have ALREADY been tested, we just won't have hard data (as stated above) that we can post for another week or two. Again any potential worry should be mitigated by the 14 day $ back guarantee.

Finally, you're never going to see a screenshot of any map other than the one Cayman S file in the tech link of our site, the only person/entity that could possibly gain anything by seeing it is a competitor so don't even bother asking.

Alright, done for the night, will catch up with this thread tomorrow.

Thanks

Thanks

·
Formerly R35_395
1,073 Posts
Website is "vague" due to a total redesign that won't be complete for another month. Our apologies. We're too busy working to spend time on the site, not such a bad problem to have actually.

As for price it is what it is, you truly have no idea what it takes to successfully remap a GTR TCU, and if there's no market for it on this website, no sweat off our or your backs. We'll continue to sell them via our dealers. Our tuning certainly isn't for everyone however it has proven itself superior in every market we venture into. We typically serve those looking for cutting edge race tuning like Porsche PASM/TC cutout patches, Ferrari's authentic SuperFast F1 Map Patch, etc.

The files have ALREADY been tested, we just won't have hard data (as stated above) that we can post for another week or two. Again any potential worry should be mitigated by the 14 day $ back guarantee.

Finally, you're never going to see a screenshot of any map other than the one Cayman S file in the tech link of our site, the only person/entity that could possibly gain anything by seeing it is a competitor so don't even bother asking.

Alright, done for the night, will catch up with this thread tomorrow.

Thanks

Thanks
All your claims are good in theory but...

You have not tested this TCU hack with a high HP /TQ car to prove it works.
The cars in Hong Kong are only 600hp as claimed by you,this HP figure is far from any of the issues like the no shift problems.

You just joined today but we are supposed to buy this without any feedback or dyno tests??
We have enough bullshit here already.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
i dont see anything wrong with this. Thanks for posting the info guys! alot of these guys are pissed about prices, i can see your point about flashing etc. do you guys use a hot air gun to remove the rom? it might provide faster removal if you dont already.

it looks like maybe KC racing is testing your software? http://www.kcracing.com.hk maybe?

Some tuners in japan do the same with ecu, they have to manually remove the chip , reflash and put back on. others will take ecu out of car and flash it with cables. not very many ecu flashes for this car are cheap in japan. Were spoiled with the cobb accessport cause its much cheaper than anything out.

recently japan has been flashing tcu aswell. iirc they use the spec-v data and the standard data and edited them for what they wanted.

·
SuperFly TrackGuy
475 Posts
Wow. $2995 if you have ten in a group buy. $3495 if you don't have ten but you get one in the next 30 days and $4495 a month from now?
Very high price and I don't think you will get any sympathy about how many hours you work in order to develop your TCM flash. Have you ever thought that if you introduced this ground breaking TCM reflash technology to us GTR owners at an acceptable price level, you might actually sell more and therefore make relatively the same money? I'm sure glad the Cobb AP doesn't cost $4495 and we all know that this has tangible results.

Obviously, you don't agree and you will probably say that we have no idea how long it takes to R&D this and R&D that. What you are doing is not a GTR tax. Your company is taxing all of those that typically have the money to not really give a damm (Ferrari owners). GTR owners are a lot more critical of pricing. The Nissan GTR happens to be a strange example of a car that literally performs at a level of the Porsche and Ferrari but doesn't cost the same. Therefore, I think you will be hard pressed to find a lot of GTR owners that are going to be willing to lay down that kind of money. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

I'm probably not the only one still confused anyway. The GTR shifts in .1 seconds. Are you saying the GTR doesn't ship fast enough now? The current Cobb AP e-tunes are already allowing us to have quicker WOT both in part throttle or full throttle. Is your reflash going to give us even faster WOT...not sure people want anymore than they already have. Also, why would we want raised shift points when it is clear that the GTR makes the most HP and Torque at 6000-6500 rpms? Who would really want to modify their launch control back to the level where GTR owners were breaking their 1st gear without changing out to a strengthened 1st gear first? How would we experience harder pull under throttle with your reflash? Are we not experiencing all of the torque that the engine is providing without the reflash?

It seems strange to never hear about your services until now (GTR has been around now since around Aug 2008) Whether or not you have been providing your services mostly to European customers does not mean that we are going to be unaware of developments in Europe. I think you would be smart to take-up DJREVERSAL if he wants to try out your services. His car is mod'd and if it works like you are saying, you might get some customers that way. Just some feedback from reading your posts.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
PM - RSFOOTBALL

i know he was one of the first if not the first to have the no shift issue, there are a few others that have it, i would have it if i turned up my boost but i rather not run into the issue until we figure out where in the TCM this issue is, i know a bunch of people are working on the TCU and getting everything ready, and many companies will have a TCU reflash shortly, So being the first i can understand the high price and time and development that probably went into this, but im sure very quickly u will see competition and prices will come way down... at least i hope. The issue is vaguely that i recall is from 3rd to 4th at full boost / full power / full throttle when you hit the shift button the rev's just stay way up high, the shift never occurs till u let off the gas and then it makes a pretty violent loud clunky shift. but your better off speaking to eugene at SP or rsfootball aka hing. Just doing one of those cars for a loss in money would prove to probably the whole community that your TCM upgrade is worth the money.. almost everyone right now prepping for big power is worried about this issue.

Mark

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
Wow. $2995 if you have ten in a group buy. $3495 if you don't have ten but you get one in the next 30 days and $4495 a month from now?
Very high price and I don't think you will get any sympathy about how many hours you work in order to develop your TCM flash. .......
Took me 2 months to figure out how to flash the TCM over CAN. Watch for news from us soon

Joe

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Took me 2 months to figure out how to flash the TCM over CAN. Watch for news from us soon

Joe
looking forward to it.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts