Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Report all Positive and Negative Feedback concerning your specific dealer about your GT-R Preordering an Purchase experience here

"*The views expressed by those on this forum are not necessarily the views expressed by NAGTROC, or its owners*."

·
Registered
32 Posts
I spoke with the Sales Manager at VOB in Rockville today. Anyone pre-order with them?

The guy confirmed that they are certified to get the car.
Initial allocation is 3.
He expressed doubts about getting more anytime soon. But I have hope. (I'm not among the first three. Dammit.)

(Chris - their list is up to 12.)

Our agreement is for MSRP. We'll see if they try to change that.
As it stands, they've been very nice and have offered good communication.

I'm curious as to where area members have gone, where they are on the list, and what deal they have been offered.
If you feel that you are inviting competition by disclosing it, I understand. Either don't list the dealership or don't reply.

I will say that I won't, out of principle, pay more than sticker for the car.

MAX BOOST
"Consult your physician if you experience Pryopism (or boost longer than 4 hours). "

·
Registered
420 Posts
I spoke with the Sales Manager at VOB in Rockville today. Anyone pre-order with them?

The guy confirmed that they are certified to get the car.
Initial allocation is 3.
He expressed doubts about getting more anytime soon. But I have hope. (I'm not among the first three. Dammit.)

(Chris - their list is up to 12.)

Our agreement is for MSRP. We'll see if they try to change that.
As it stands, they've been very nice and have offered good communication.

I'm curious as to where area members have gone, where they are on the list, and what deal they have been offered.
If you feel that you are inviting competition by disclosing it, I understand. Either don't list the dealership or don't reply.

I will say that I won't, out of principle, pay more than sticker for the car.

MAX BOOST
"Consult your physician if you experience Pryopism (or boost longer than 4 hours). "
Yup, VOB also agreed to sell me at MSRP. They are one of the very few that would sell the GTR at MSRP, but they are just like the rest I've checked that does not have firm info on additional confirmation.

But towards the end of the phone conversation with the salesperson, I was asked if I like to be the 11th buyer, then asked me if I knew the MSRP....finally he showed his true color and told me if I would pay $5K over I can be the one of the few taking their initial allocation. So, if anyone of you might be interested paying over sticker and be able to get one sooner than everyone esle, I guess VOB would gladly play the gouging game with me.

I would not disclose that salesperson's name, but it sure was disappointing to hear that even those dealers who seem to be willing to sell at MSRP will still play this game. If you don't mind the possible waiting period and a short drive to the south, Pinehurst Nissan would be a great choice. 100% and honest folks to work with.

And you can always take your GT-R to VOB to get serviced, I doubt the salesperson would ever know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
But towards the end of the phone conversation with the salesperson, I was asked if I like to be the 11th buyer, then asked me if I knew the MSRP....finally he showed his true color and told me if I would pay $5K over I can be the one of the few taking their initial allocation.
Ugh. That is such a bummer. Figures.
The idea that they will allow someone to jump ahead of me is so disheartening.
I am a big free-market fan. But I'm also a fan of integrity.
If you tell me up front that I have to pay X dollars over msrp to get the car, fine.
I'll either say yes or no and will have no issues with it.
But don't tell me that I'm number whatever on the list and have my MSRP deal set, then change your rules.

Unfortunately, dealers play these games. I guess it's really not a surprise.
But what it means to me is an even longer delay in taking delivery or opting not to buy the car.

Smart of you to arrange a deal with more than one dealer.

MAX BOOST
Based on exit polling in the tight Nevada primaries, it seems that boost has come from behind to take the win.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am not going to get a first-run car, so hopefully dealers will come to their senses. If the markup extends into the second MY, I'll just get another Porsche or Aston. Amazing that I can get a discount on a Porsche, but would have to pay over on a Nissan!

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you tell me up front that I have to pay X dollars over msrp to get the car, fine.
I'll either say yes or no and will have no issues with it.
But don't tell me that I'm number whatever on the list and have my MSRP deal set, then change your rules.
That seems to be the game every dealer is playing nowadays. One BMW dealer in Fairfax (I don't want to be too blunt
) was at the merge of playing that game with me when I called back to place an order for the E92 M3. Very disheartening indeed. Surprisingly I could get just about any AMG model 4~5K under MSRP, and might possibly be able to do the same for E60 M5. Now these other options certainly start to look very attractive.

With all these "market adjustment" games out there, a brand new E92 M3 and GT-R might end up be more expensive than a lot other very nice cars. I might want to try to other dealer in NC where my friend was able to get a brand new '07 Z06 on the lot 4K under MSRP. Maybe if I could place an order for ZR-1 at MSRP?

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
I am #4 at VOB... Msrp in writing..... But I'm #2 at herb Gordon in silver spring at msrp.... Frederick nissan I think is doing the markup thing.... My friend is high up in darcars and he can get me one for msrp at darcars nissan in Rockville but they aren't takng deposits... Dc area has the most competition so we have the best shot at msrp deals..... They are put there

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
lol, I talked to VOB, im getting my deposit refunded, he verified that he wont honor the car for MSRP and the guy who did promise it to me is no longer working there.... Herb Gordan it is ;) that was my preferance anyways

I officially am telling you NOT to buy anything VOB now.... what a classless organization... they are lucky I have a deposit elsewhere.... the Sales Manager wasnt too bright either

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
spoke to HERB GORDAN in Silver Spring... now THERE is a good group... spoke to John Morrison , the internet sales manager.... I highly recommend this dealer in the mid atlantic

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sheehy Nissan in Manassas emailed me this the other day.

I can take deposits on the GT-R now the pricing is going to be $96,900 on a GT-R and $98,900 on the GT-R Premium. I know you don't want to pay anything over MSRP so let me know if you are interested or not. The deposit I will need will be $1,000 if you are interested in it. Thanks

Martin Wojewodzic
Internet Sales Rep

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
just to update this thread... As many of you know , Herb Gordan screwed me , they want $20k over.... Do not go to Herb Gordan.... Vob does want $5k over

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
LOL ... Carmax in white marsh has been good so far ( nissan dealer)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have called a # of dealers in the NoVa area and all were asking for $20k markup... I have since gone elsewhere and secured a much more reasonable deal.
I suggest looking elsewhere and letting the local dealers sit on their inventory...

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
^ ill probably be going there for service.....

White Marsh Nissan/Carmax was GREAT.... too bad its a 2 hour drive

·
Registered
36 Posts
On one of the other threads, some guy claimed to have gotten the SS at MSRP from Darcars a few weeks ago . They still had the Titanium in the showroom a couple weeks ago. Passport Nissan is supposed to get two in a few weeks. One white and one red reportedly.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.