Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Some of you may know I picked up my 14 GTR last month and so far it has stayed (from a performance standpoint) 100% stock apart from a clear bra, tint, and autotecknic shifters.

As much as I love this car, I'd love it if it had a little more growl. I've read the other posts about midpipes and have narrowed it down to the AAM Non resonated.

I've asked 2 local shops and they've told me that I shouldn't bother adding a midpipe to a stock car unless I want to add the accessport or some sort of tune. They insisted that it would be a waste of money at this point. My power train warranty doesn't expire until 2018 and I don't really want to jeopardize that yet with a tune.

In the mean time, I reallyyyyy want more sound.

What is the community consensus here? Wait to tune and then add the midpipe? or just go for it on my stock car?

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put an HKS non-resonated midpipe on my bone stock '14. No regrets. Love the sound.

I say go for it.
Did you notice any loss of torque anywhere in the power band from the car being more free-flowing?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Midpipe should be the first thing one does to their GTR, even if you don't want to mod it. Lol.

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Mid pipe should be done ASAP. You will not loose power in fact you will actually gain some and give it some noise

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Non res midpipe if staying with stock cat back! Nothing else to discuss. Trust us.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
I've asked 2 local shops and they've told me that I shouldn't bother adding a midpipe to a stock car unless I want to add the accessport or some sort of tune. They insisted that it would be a waste of money at
Tell us what shops told you that?! Sounds like the shops are trying to up sell you.

It's all relative I guess. 2mph and 15-20whp might not seem big to them but it's enough to get a DBA consistently into the 10's trapping 125mph all day long.

It's also good for low 11's @ 121mph for a stock CBA.

A midpipe wakes the car up big time and sounds great. I highly recommend one. I personally like AAM the best. Less drone and lot's of sound.

Here is my car stock and with the AAM. No other mods.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I had the AAM. Loved it. Highly recommended for reasons already stated.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Aaaaaannnddd... I have an AAM Resonated midpipe for sale.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. Its kind of a bummer that the US/Canadian exchange rate is so terrible right now. A measly $649.99 AAM nonres midpipe ends up costing $1015 to my door ($160.00 US shipping). I guess I'll just look in the classified section in this forum until a good one comes up.

Aaaaaannnddd... I have an AAM Resonated midpipe for sale.
I watched a few videos online and the resonated midpipes are a little bit on the quiet side. If yours was nonResonated I'd grab it for sure.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I watched a few videos online and the resonated midpipes are a little bit on the quiet side. If yours was nonResonated I'd grab it for sure.
Yea, and if you think this is quiet don't even think about the big resonated ones. Insanely quiet. Lol.

3,772 Posts
Why aam what makes them so special ?

We make one of the best quality fabricated midpipes on the market sound and fabrication wise and better pricing

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why aam what makes them so special ?

We make one of the best quality fabricated midpipes on the market sound and fabrication wise and better pricing
I don't have to buy AAM. I just narrowed it down to that because it had the most videos on youtube which gave me a better idea of what to expect. Even if your midpipe is better I would never know.

Do you have any clips i can view?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts