Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject states, what are the items I should look out for?

I don't plan to track this car, and I've read that there are street and track settings for the alignment, can I ask them to set it to the street alignment from the get go?

Stuff like that.

Thanks!

·
Founder/Admin
26,148 Posts
they will set it at the 1K mile service if thats what you want... you want the suspension and alignment to settle a bit first.... honestly there isnt alot of difference between the settings... on the newer GTRs is something like -1.7-8 camber vs -1.5 or so very minor

for a brand new car there isnt too much i mean of course scratches dings dents things like that and the mileage should be maybe 20-25 miles on it max

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm.. WilsonB told me new cars usually have around 22-30 miles on the odom. This one has 29.

·
Founder/Admin
26,148 Posts
Hmm.. WilsonB told me new cars usually have around 22-30 miles on the odom. This one has 29.
yeah i mean it varies 20-30 is within range i think mine had 24 for instance..... so i wouldnt raise an eyebrow unless it was you know say 5-10 over that limit

·
Founder/Admin
26,148 Posts
as far as just picking the car up from the dealer thats about all i can think of off the top of my head... maybe make sure tire pressure is set right and all dealer pre delivery stuff is done...personally i would be weary of any last minute add ons they might come up with and generally i dont suggest the extended warranty on these cars because it overlaps at the same time of the warranty that comes with the car .. beyond that i would suggest doing the break in procedure the right way

enjoy it...thats the biggest thing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts