Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
A dealer near me has a 2009 SS with 21.5k miles. It was listed "reduced" at 65,900 the other day, but I applied for credit to see what rate they could offer (indicating interest in the car in the process) now they've put it back up to 67,900! :-O

Anyway, I've secured financing and am ready to start dealing. When I stop in I plan to work on the assumption that a) it's been sitting a while (hence the reduced)
b) it's still at 65,900

Where would you guys say I should go in the negotiations? What do you think is a fair price?
(I have not inspected the car yet but anticipating excellent condition)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Have them do all fluid changes and new tires if they won't budge on price. Those details is over 2500 in value

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I would aim for 60-63k. Like the previous post, make sure the tires are new(or recently replaced) and fluids are changed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is that the car at Arroway Chevrolet in NY? If so, that car needs the 18k mile service, new tires, and brakepads from what I saw. Also, it was bought at an auction....I would have them run the launches and oil temps at a Nissan dealer. I looked at that car as well and thought the condition was rough for 21k miles. My Evo has 45k and is in better condition.

If that's not the car disregard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is that the car at Arroway Chevrolet in NY? If so, that car needs the 18k mile service, new tires, and brakepads from what I saw. Also, it was bought at an auction....I would have them run the launches and oil temps at a Nissan dealer. I looked at that car as well and thought the condition was rough for 21k miles. My Evo has 45k and is in better condition.

If that's not the car disregard.
That's the one! Thanks for the heads up. If this is all true, and I trust it is, then I probably would be looking to spend around 60, or look elsewhere. Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That's the one! Thanks for the heads up. If this is all true, and I trust it is, then I probably would be looking to spend around 60, or look elsewhere. Does that sound about right?
18k service is $1300-$2000, new tires are $1500-$2000. and brake pads are $700-$1000. So roughly $3500-$5000 worth of stuff to deduct from the price.

I would take a look at the paint too. If that rough condition is right. For 21k miles, I'd expect it to be in good to very good condition.

Might be a pass, or high 50's car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I still think if you bought it for 60k that's the highest I would go....this is based upon the research I have done the way the market is now for these cars. The two guys at the dealership who I spoke with had almost no knowledge of the car and tried to tell me that the 18k mile service was "cheap." Also, one of the guys told me "I know for a fact that this car was not launched" and then later told me that he bought it from an auction. They have never pulled the info from the car at a Nissan dealer so basically he lied. Also, he tried to tell me that car had the "Skyline Package" that was very rare. Basically, they know nothing about that car so don't take anything at face value....they will tell you anything so they can sell it.

As far as condition, I thought the front of the car had a lot of chips and looked rough. There is a minor scratch or dent on the rear quarter on the right side. If you can get it for the right price it may be worth it to the right buyer. I passed because I want to wait to find the right one in excellent condition.

I don't know what they will sell it for becuase I don't know what they have into it.....they may have overpaid for it not knowing what kind of money needed to be put into it. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.