Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Like a BOSS
645 Posts
It did not take long for me to get a custom to my last set of modifications (E85 tune, DPs, FMIC, injectors, etc.), so I contacted my buddy Cicio @ TopSpeed and we discussed what to do next in my quest for more power! As most of you already know the next step after 630 ft lbs of torque to the wheels requires building the bottom end of the engine and beefing up the transmission. It's a big step and comes with a big price tag, but fortunately I have the skills and the tools to do the job myself. It's a little nerve racking, requires a lot of time, and research... but in the end it will all be worth it.

So....off I go tearing down a brand new 2012 with 3500 miles on it! LOL

I will continue to update this thread as I progress with the build. Enjoy the photos!

Dropping the engine:

Dropping the transmission:

Transmission ready to be sent to John Shepherd:

Engine Timing chain:

Stock pistons:

Bare block - top:

Bare block - bottom:

New engine internals back from the machine shop after being internally balanced (Cosworth Rods & Pistons):

Main parts of the AMS Alpha 10 kit:

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
wow Mike! , mad respect on doing it yourself! that should save you a nice amount of change!

keep the pictures coming!

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
This is amazing! I love it when people take the time to do this themselves! Much respect! Keep us updated as the build moves along

·
Stop the persecution of Falun Gong
224 Posts
Hardcore man.

Hard.
Core.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I dont understand that turbo. Why does it say Tial on it? Does Tial make turbos? Or is just the exhaust side Tial?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Exhaust housing is a stainless housing by Tial. I run the same housings on my custom setup (actually I think same exact turbos). It's nice in that they have vbands on both sides and also seem to a bit more power both on pump and race gas than the old iron housings. Lastly they weigh substantially less and take up less room.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
niceeeee! thats the way to do it!
good luck!

btw lets see your stock rods..I wonder how they are..and also how hard have you been driving with the power you were at?

·
Registered
257 Posts
wooow man that's something interesting to see
looks somebody is getting busy
gd luck with the build
and keep us updated

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Right on Mike! Any plans for the head?

·
Like a BOSS
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
niceeeee! thats the way to do it!
good luck!
btw lets see your stock rods..I wonder how they are..and also how hard have you been driving with the power you were at?
Stock rods and rod bearings looked fine. I did a lot of quick WOT runs and the Wannagofast 1/2 mile rac on the E85 tune.

·
GT-R CRAZY
399 Posts
Wow Mike Insteresting, amazing work...keep the good photos up.
At the end you will be satisfied..Enjoy..Again;great work.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I almost have the same amount of miles as you on my 2012, I can't even imagine tearing it down! Congrats on the build and keep us updated!

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Epic DIY!!!!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
nice work! looking forward to seeing the results...

1 - 20 of 204 Posts