Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
On the track all my GTRs behave the same, when you get down to an eighth of a tank you better head in, because after a few minutes off track the code comes on that you have only a few mile range. On the highway I have had the range show say 25 miles, then go to 0 in just a few minutes. Gas gauges reliably unreliable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the track all my GTRs behave the same, when you get down to an eighth of a tank you better head in, because after a few minutes off track the code comes on that you have only a few mile range. On the highway I have had the range show say 25 miles, then go to 0 in just a few minutes. Gas gauges reliably unreliable.
My scenario is strictly related to highway driving and no tracking involved. But you are the right it's really not realiable.. I wonder what's the average mileage on full tank for a 2013 gtr premium.. is this a common issue on gtrs?

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
If your on E85 probably @ 9-10mpg

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
Depending on the driving I’d say average of 18 should be safe if you are mixed use city/highway

Others can comment as its been a long, long time for me but want to say I got 340+ on a tank.

But back then I don’t know how much was actually in the tank, since it bubbled back out at me when it was full lol.

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
6,012 Posts
This is regarding 2013 R35 GT-R Premium...

Has anyone noticed the numbers on range fluctuate while driving?

I am unable to judge when my tank is going to go empty considering the range on the computer keeps fluctuating so often

Can someone help?
I wouldn't read to much into it. As yes, it will fluctuate depending on continuing driving conditions both of the road and the driver input.

For example, steady highway driving once you exit your suburban area will generally see an increase in miles to empty as the car is continuously calculating this scenario until the fuel is used up. Vice versa when entering stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Depending on the driving Id say average of 18 should be safe if you are mixed use city/highwayOthers can comment as its been a long, long time for me but want to say I got 340+ on a tank. But back then I dont know how much was actually in the tank, since it bubbled back out at me when it was full lol.
340+ sounds ridiculously awesome. Lol how do I get to that type of mileage haha

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
Bone stock 2009 in a drive home to NY from New Orleans at the speed limit and cruise set.

All while ordering parts on the phone and setting up the shop appointment - lmao.

·
Super Moderator
9,183 Posts
I have went into the tank to take a look...........when the fuel light comes on the entire pump assembly is still covered in fuel. There is a big reserve of fuel when that fuel light comes on.

I've also tested to see how much fuel I can add when the fuel light comes on and then subtracted that from what the manufacturer states as volume......i'd guess there is about 15L or more of fuel left in the system. :dunno:

Whatever you do, don't go into the tank to change pumps when the fuel light comes on...........wait till the display reads -----..........ask me how i know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.