Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has mostly be quiet on the tuning news for Mine's however word does have it that they have been testing a 4.1 L engine. They have not officially release much information, but the news is engine should be pushing out close to 900 hp.

Quote from their diary :

"R35 GT-R Complete Engine 4.1L

Staff Diary

4.1L Complete Engine for R35 GT-R that we have completed. Has been changed by the amount of exhaust stroke up to 4.1L. Full torque and more power to the super high complete response of a conventional engine was finished. Connecting rods, crank, the valve will be the new design, a common response to up the amount of exhaust has to minimize specification, a decrease. Plans to set up position MAX900PS, actual driving tests will begin shortly. Will be announced as soon as information is also entered. IN / EX VALVE connecting rod crankshaft 4.1L Complete Engine 3.9 million yen trade-in price is the standard engine (without tax)"

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They have also release new carbon fibre products: roof and type iii front spoiler

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sweet. Very keen to see the offcial release. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Any pics of the type 3 lip?

900 HP only? 900 HP is so old....
This has been said many times about Mine's. But i will saying it again....

Response, handling, quality and most importantly reliability is their thing, and not straight line performance/drag racing. Yes, they've been behind, but taking your time with R&D will always make you better. I'm sure they've tested many engine combinations before releasing this and I am confident that they know 100% of what they're doing and will dominate with this package at a circuit like Tsukuba or Fuji. It might not pass the Bensopra/Greddy GTR at Fuji's straight but it will kick ass when it comes to putting the power to the ground in corners when others struggle with lag coming out of corners. Lets wait and see what turbos they'll be slapping the to their 4.1L engine, that is the key to it and i hope they slap it with a GT800 size turbos or a tiny bit smaller.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Any pics of the type 3 lip? This has been said many times about Mine's. But i will saying it again.... Response, handling, quality and most importantly reliability is their thing, and not straight line performance/drag racing. Yes, they've been behind, but taking your time with R&D will always make you better. I'm sure they've tested many engine combinations before releasing this and I am confident that they know 100% of what they're doing and will dominate with this package at a circuit like Tsukuba or Fuji. It might not pass the Bensopra/Greddy GTR at Fuji's straight but it will kick ass when it comes to putting the power to the ground in corners when others struggle with lag coming out of corners. Lets wait and see what turbos they'll be slapping the to their 4.1L engine, that is the key to it and i hope they slap it with a GT800 size turbos or a tiny bit smaller.
Well said Farooq.

Here's the Type III Front Diffuser:

It's the same price at the old Type II.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Look at the finish the quality! Every time I see the pieces that Mine's put out the thought of price goes out the window.....

BP Auto can you guys confirm on the new Rays wheels?

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
ive seen balanced 600 hp cars that will beat any brute-force 1000 hp machine around a circuit.
And I would take that 600hp car over the 1000hp 10 times out of 10. I have yet to drive anywhere that does not require me to turn the steering wheel and/or hit the breaks occasionally. Would it better if you could have a reliable and balanced 1000hp car over similar 600hp car? Absolutely... but that is a rarity at best. Typically, you can do as much or more with a lower powered car because you can make it a balanced package without sending your budget through the stratosphere.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Per Mine's site:
Minor changes have been applied to the popular Carbon Front Spoiler Type II to produce the Type III. The lip has been extended 10mm and the sides by 15mm compared to the Type II while retaining the aerodynamic effects that prove their worth at middle to high speeds.

http://www.mines-wav...ER_T1_T3_E.html
I'm curious how much additional downforce this lip actually produces? Perhaps a group like GTR-R can procure some downforce data from Mines?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I'm curious how much additional downforce this lip actually produces? Perhaps a group like GTR-R can procure some downforce data from Mines?
Unfortunately, Mine's does not have access to a wind tunnel, so there's no "data" available. However, their aero is designed using proven aerodynamic principles that they then refine on their own demo cars with track time.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
What's old is American tuning companies with bad quality. Have you all ever seen a GM factory and a Toyota factory????

Mines don't cater to the poor and their work is as good as Nissans. I'd give up 200hp to have mines quality

900 HP only? 900 HP is so old....

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.