Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
The event was on Saturday 2/18 and there were so many cars out there. It was my first time at the strip. A great event with so many cool cars. Thanks to Blackbenz for organizing it. A big thanks to Jimmy for hooking me up with a helmet. I've got to buy one ASAP.

My car is 2011 with Cobb AP. I was running stage 1 beta maps. Everything else is stock. My best time of 11.21 @ 123.45 was on 16 psi map using LC3. On 17 psi map, my time was slightly worse, but I think both maps are equally strong. My 60' foot time was 1.8 and all runs using launch control were very consistent. Prior to this event, I'd never used Launch control and in fact on my first run using LC3, I hit the rev limiter in first gear and got 11.5 at 122 mph.

Here is the video of the run that the mbworld crew posted. The monster S65 AMG was very quick and pulling hard up top. It has BMC filters, Renntech ECU/TCU, and drag radials.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I was there&witnessed that run. You did excellent for being a first-timer,are you hooked on drag racing now? Usually it only takes on trip to the track&then you become addicted to it lol.
Whose GTR had the "AMG LOL" plate,was it yours?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was there&witnessed that run. You did excellent for being a first-timer,are you hooked on drag racing now? Usually it only takes on trip to the track&then you become addicted to it lol.
Thanks. No That was not my car. There were 7 or 8 GT-Rs at the event there. I think there were 2 or 3 black GT-R besides my own and I only saw one of them run. Another Gun metallic and white GT-R also ran. And yes, I was the slowest GT-R out there.

I can see how drag racing can become addictive. I am begining to feel symptoms of it, LOL. Maybe a midpipe soon and another visit to MIR in the spring.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any high HP GTR's at this event?
There were 3 cars runnig in high 10s, trapping 127 to 130. One white, one gunmetalic and one black GT-R. They are all members here but I don't think anyone had the high hp alpha or switzer or anything of that caliber. Just the basic bolt ons and tune.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was that your bike that ran in the 9s @ 158?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Glad you had fun, I wanted to try out my new rear 18" drag tires but could not get the cobb to load the lc data up so I had to watch. Petes bolt on car went 10.5 and bobs black went 10.8. Thanks to Mike at AAM for trying to help me with the cobb.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you had fun, I wanted to try out my new rear 18" drag tires but could not get the cobb to load the lc data up so I had to watch. Petes bolt on car went 10.5 and bobs black went 10.8. Thanks to Mike at AAM for trying to help me with the cobb.
Thanks for the helmet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.