Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Went out to Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, CA to participate in the Import Face Off event. I was shooting for low 11's. First run of the day was a [email protected] in the right lane which felt surreal and great at the same time. Add another stock+ 2013 in the 10's to the list. This is a bone stock 2013 GTR w/exception of only MPSS.

*UPDATE: Went out and got another 10.9 run.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Wow that's some good mph for stock!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Was this on 91 pump? I heard parts of Cali only have 91 which is why I ask.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
10.9 on a stock 2013 using 91 pump and the only mod is MPSS tires!!!!!!!!!? You sir have an animal of a car and I hate you lol. I'm full bolt on minus turbo inlets also on 91 and MPSS and could only get 11.6 at 122 and was at sea level!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol. This has got me thinking twice about doing upgrades. The car is already perfect for me stock. Of course, my ultimate goal is 9.99 or faster, but that can wait for now.

I have to add that track prep on that right lane was great which definitely helped out...grip and go.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Lol. This has got me thinking twice about doing upgrades. The car is already perfect for me stock. Of course, my ultimate goal is 9.99 or faster, but that can wait for now.

I have to add that track prep on that right lane was great which definitely helped out...grip and go.
I don't blame you! Don't fix it if it's not broke lol find some 93 and let it really rip!

Congrats again I'm seriously envious, may need to find me a 2013!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great results for Famoso. You need to attend the Red List event they are putting on there 12/12/15. I'm going, and will be much cooler to do even better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Man, it's hard to believe that you have a bone stock car trapping 126 in 2700+ DA on 91 octane.

Best I have in my 2013 on 93 octane is 11.06 @123 in 1700 DA. Similar 60ft time to you.

Also that 1/8 MPH at 102 is pretty amazing.

Not saying you are lying, but that's a beast of car if true, considering all the variables.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Trap speeds are not always reliable at drag strips. They are very often off. The ET is right on though.

To get a more correct trap speed buy a Vbox. The Vbox measures your speed at the exact end of the 1/4 mile. At the dragstrip your mph is averaged over the last 66ft.

Nice run!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Trap speeds are not always reliable at drag strips. They are very often off. The ET is right on though.

To get a more correct trap speed buy a Vbox. The Vbox measures your speed at the exact end of the 1/4 mile. At the dragstrip your mph is averaged over the last 66ft.

Nice run!
Agree with you on track trap speeds not always being reliable, but I can tell you Famoso is spot on. I have been there numerous times and compared results to box and they are consistent on in all respects.

OP must have a factory freak, which is the freak of all freaks given its also a 2013.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Congrats . Any weight weight modifications other than the tires? That's a spectacular trap for 91 octane. In fact, I've never seen it happen before. My 2014 trapped 101 in the 1/8th when it was stock and I thought that was stellar. You should go FBO with that beast and set the record.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 20 of 32 Posts