Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just brought home my new girl!: '09 in white, stock, 12k miles. Until now I have driven only modified GM cars (12 F-bodies, GTOs and Vettes in all) including my current 710 rwhp Procharged '08 Z06. I was sitting #1 on the wait list at my local Chevy dealer for the new ZL-1 Camaro when I had my revelation and conversion: I've been driving essentially the same freakin car for 17 years! My best car-friend finally convinced me that the GT-R was the very best platform for a sick-fast car. The hardest thing to give up was the manual trans. None of my previous cars has made less than 400 rwhp including my 950hp single turbo 455ci '04 GTO. I only point that out so the following impression of my GT-R is fully appreciated - I am no stranger to quick and fast.
This car is simply supernatural. It weighs about 600lbs more and makes just over half the hp of my Z, but dammit this car just feels quicker! Its ferociously quick without all the fishtailing drama. I know its the AWD and this magic tranny, but I'm still scratching my head. Wow, just wow. And then there's the interior - makes my Vette feel like a rental. I can't wait to start modding this beast, but for now I plan to read here and learn.
Any other GT-Rs in my area? I never see any. Whose the best Nissan dealer around here for service issues?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lots of GTR's showing up at Houston Coffee and Cars tomorrow. Check out the Texas page for info & congrats on the new ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts