Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious how everyone has gotten into the 10's in the 1/4 mile.

List mods, tire set up and lc

Thnaks

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
you mean to just run like a 10.9? thats pretty simple

09-10 on average can probably do it with just bolt ons and a Custom Tune mainly with midpipe stock LC2 VDC off OEM tires ( downpipes and intake are recommended but not 100% necessary)
2011 the same but might have a problem with VDC coming on with stock LC3 as it requires RRR

2012 can do it with just a midpipe or maybe even stock on 0 or negative DA night

13 should be able to stock or worst case just a midpipe like the 12

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
my 2009 ran in the 10's with just a tune...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Tune & MidPipe slam dunk! (No need for downpipes in my opinion)

·
Gojira driver
929 Posts
Is there a substantial difference between running a y-pipe and tune vs. downpipe +/- intake with y-pipe and tune? How much more gain can I expect?

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
The downpipe and intake are definitely good for some additional power. Depending on the tune and which intake/downpipes you get I would say they are good for about 25-30 additional HP.

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Is there a substantial difference between running a y-pipe and tune vs. downpipe +/- intake with y-pipe and tune? How much more gain can I expect?
As Ryan said you will see about 20-30whp peak, but you can count on about 60whp more at redline. Doing the downpipes really opens up the turbos to breath up top so you will see more gains the higher in the rev range you go.

~Cicio

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Yes sir I agree...just a tune will do it, but y-pipe and tune will do it all the time every time, no matter what part of the country you are in.
Not where I am
physical elevation of 5,280 and DA's in the 7-10,000 range. You don't want to live in Denver if you want to run good 1/4 mile times. Always funny for us Denver guys to hear the rest of the country complain about lousy 200-1,000 DA's

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Not where I am
physical elevation of 5,280 and DA's in the 7-10,000 range. You don't want to live in Denver if you want to run good 1/4 mile times. Always funny for us Denver guys to hear the rest of the country complain about lousy 200-1,000 DA's
I was waiting for you to chime in.
You are just bitter because the tracks in Florida are open year around and are downhill.

·
Registered
116 Posts
good info!!
amazing breaking into the 10's with a few bolt-ons and tune.... or some just tune beauty!!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yesterday at the PBIR rental, I hit 10.79 twice. Best slip was [email protected] .

Hit 10.8's multiple times. Church also hit a bunch of 10.8's.

I'm on the stock Bridgestone Runflats, Jack tune, HKS resonated mid pipe.

DA in the 800-1200 range.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yesterday at the PBIR rental, I hit 10.79 twice. Best slip was [email protected] .

Hit 10.8's multiple times. Church also hit a bunch of 10.8's.

I'm on the stock Bridgestone Runflats, Jack tune, HKS resonated mid pipe.

DA in the 800-1200 range.
Very nice mph

What 60's were u getting? Launching at ? Tire pressure?

I saw the vid with all the high HP cars in the 1.7x range. The one white high 9 sec was pulling 1.5x

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Here is the slip.

I am in the left lane, and another GTR (red) was in the right. I believe he had a tune and full cat less exhaust, other mods I am not sure of.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well first time to the track many low 11.x passes at 129mph but the best of the day with stock run flats was 11.0 @128.8mph 1.78 60' it was spinning tires all of second gear.

40 degrees and no heat in the track at all since it was a rental and only 5 cars were running.

tire pressure was set to 28 psi.

how low do you guys go on stock run flats to get 1.6 60'?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.