1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
396 Posts
We are going, will have my gtr, dads z06, my old is-f, and possibly a few others.
What is PPE?

I don't want to put a five point in the car etc... but would like to be able to go over 170.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just got back from the Mojave Mile this weekend... Lots of Great cars out there... GTR ran AWESOME.. with my best run being 180.5 on Saturday (a bit cooler) and 180.0 on Sunday.

Peace,
Dave

·
Registered
396 Posts
Dad's Z-06 went 173.4, my old F went 163.3... I think more people were surprised about the F... it took down just about every ' 4 seater' there... and 'most 2 seaters! To put it in perspective... SS Camaor's, 5.0 Mustangs... Shelby GT500's, the new 6.4 liter 392 Cubic Inch Challenger's Porsche Carerra S's... even the R8 V8 couldn't crack 160!! The F never ran slower than 161! Which was all stock, with the exception of a Borla Catback exhaust.

There was an R8 V10 Twin Turbo (yes twin turbo'd V10 R8!) And he ran 180.6 besting me by .1!

There was also the new Ferrari 458... ran right about 175, the newer ZR1's were running right about 176, 177. There was a modded ZR1, with Pulley, Headers, Methanal & Tune... that ran a best of 184.

Also a new 2012 GTR was there.. went 175

Good Stuff!
Dave

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the 2012. I was looking for you at the event but every time I had the chance you were not around your car. Everyone kept telling me about the gtr that did 180 stock so I was hoping to get to 180 on my first run. Best I did was 175.3. Congrats on your great runs.

I took a videos of my boost gauge and the speedometer on my run if anyone is interested

·
Registered
396 Posts
Great vids! Sorry I missed you as well! I think we left early on Sunday... nice choice on your display, I used the same view!

My car wasn't stock, Jack Cecil/Cobb Stage II Tune, and a mid-pipe with 100 Octane in the car. But for 'the Mojave Mile' steward purposes, it was.

Sorry we kept missing each other! Next year is 1.5 Mile run!!! Hope to see you there!
Dave

PS, did you use the Paddles or leave it in Auto? I had my dad take a run... left everything in just 'Race Mode'... but Auto, and told him to just punch it from an 'Idle'... car went 179.5! So Paddles... and Launch really weren't a big difference in the mile!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Used rrr auto on all 3. I just stomped on the gas on the first and launched on the second run but I thought the heat was more a factor than anything. On my last run I only did 173. My engine temp started out at 199 and I gave up trying to chase your 180. I feel better now that I know you have a tune, I thought I got a lemon. : )

Can't wait for the 1.5 mile run. See you next year. I hope more gtr's show up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
yeah, no you got a good one! Based on the ZR1's having trouble breaking 175 as well... and I figured they should pull us up high... I was very impressed with your car... considering everything else out there... Z-06's doing 173... And the Ferrari 458 was like 174.8 I believe... so GTR is for REAL!

Great job!

Dave

·
Registered
705 Posts
Dad's Z-06 went 173.4, my old F went 163.3... I think more people were surprised about the F... it took down just about every ' 4 seater' there... and 'most 2 seaters! To put it in perspective... SS Camaor's, 5.0 Mustangs... Shelby GT500's, the new 6.4 liter 392 Cubic Inch Challenger's Porsche Carerra S's... even the R8 V8 couldn't crack 160!! The F never ran slower than 161! Which was all stock, with the exception of a Borla Catback exhaust.

There was an R8 V10 Twin Turbo (yes twin turbo'd V10 R8!) And he ran 180.6 besting me by .1!

There was also the new Ferrari 458... ran right about 175, the newer ZR1's were running right about 176, 177. There was a modded ZR1, with Pulley, Headers, Methanal & Tune... that ran a best of 184.

Also a new 2012 GTR was there.. went 175

Good Stuff!
Dave
The F is a pretty great car, very reliable from what i have read. With some headers and maybe a shot of n20 those things move! Congrats though nice runs !!

also Amazed how a TT R8 V10 would only best you by .1!!!!
GTR FTW!

·
SF Bay Area Member
548 Posts
This event sounds awesome, hope I can make it next year!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts