Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I picked up my 2016 GT-R black edition this year January. For context, I bought the car as a birthday gift to myself for my 22nd birthday. I’ll admit, I should have done more homework because seeing the GTR tax for parts is rather gut wrenching.
I guess my question for all of you beautiful people is what route would be the most efficient for gains/cost? I’ve been entertaining the RD 700+ package since it’s pretty much a fbo e85 setup with an ecutek tune and module, but i currently can’t justify around $8,000 being spent in one go. I’m aware of how sensitive building a gtr is, as even intakes being installed requires a tune. Any help for a young buck in this space would be much appreciated!

· Registered
10,313 Posts
If you don’t want to drop $8k for parts, wait until you need to do some maintenance…. Stay away from the dealer.

Cobble together the standard full bolt on package from used parts in the marketplace.

You should be able to go FBO on E85 for a fraction of the price.

Don’t bother with the axle back exhaust, you gain nothing from it and it can easily be half your FBO cost. Just get the downpipes and midpipe.

Good luck.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don’t want to drop $8k for parts, wait until you need to do some maintenance…. Stay away from the dealer.

Cobble together the standard full bolt on package from used parts in the marketplace.

You should be able to go FBO on E85 for a fraction of the price.

Don’t bother with the axle back exhaust, you gain nothing from it and it can easily be half your FBO cost. Just get the downpipes and midpipe.

Good luck.
Now in terms of tuning, stack the parts until I can put them all on then tune? Or tune and get revisions as I go?

· Registered
26 Posts
I'd recommend hoarding the parts and then pull the trigger on an ecutek ecm and tcm tune.

· Super Moderator
4,044 Posts
Welcome!

Depending upon your State, be aware of emissions testing...and problems passing it with certain builds.

Alexd

· Registered
10,313 Posts
Don’t need an intercooler on stock turbos in SoCal unless you find yourself in a lot of heat. Go ahead and get your BOV.

Not a lot of parts needed to pick up 100 whp. I’d tune after.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts