Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this phone and is wondering if anyone else has problem with battery life. The battery is garbage. I am getting about 5-6 hour on heavy use and 9-10 on a light to moderate use. They say 12 hours of talk time, this is a joke right? Anyone within verzion lte care to share story about battery usage/life. Thinking about changing to galaxy nexus when it comes out but hear that's going to have a crappy battery too. My last phone was iPhone 4, been thinking about changing to the 4s, but really want a 4g phone.

·
Founder/Admin
26,234 Posts
i have one and i dont have any major battery issues.... i mean its not the best battery ive seen in a phone but i dont think its bad... i had a X and Bionic before and its on par with both of those... i have the HDMI dock i leave it on most of the night when im not using it..... the only real time it sucks my battery is when im out using either the XM radio app in the car or streaming music from my PC over motocast.... with those things it goes really fast but just talking and having it in my pocket or browsing the internet i get by all day on one charge

you can set the smart actions to do things like turn off bluetooth GPS and sync when the phone is inactive... that is supposed to help....

·
R35 Member
138 Posts
I don't own a Droid RAZR, even though I heard good things about it.
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S2 and I'm very pleased. Should be getting ICS sometime in January '12.

you can set the smart actions to do things like turn off bluetooth GPS and sync when the phone is inactive... that is supposed to help....
This.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't even dare to listen to music on mine. I am afraid it drains to much juice. I have motocats turned off so it wont turn on and seach for it, causing it to drain more battery. I even have my screen turned all the way off. I set smart actions to on where wifi is on, when I am at home. On wifi its about 10% an hour on 4g its about 15-20% per hour. My droid X would get a whole day like 15-18 hours. MC what kind of hours are you getting and what percentage are you getting at the end of the day?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
if you don't have it get the advanced task killer....if you do have it use it more often and it should help....you'll be amazed at what's running and how much it drains the life.....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have task killer on kill rate crazy, and it's set for every time the screen is off. But I decided to run wifi on all day just to see how the battery would do. Going on 12 hour with light use, and it's at 50%, I guess 4g was killing the battery. I guess I am going to have to set smart action to turn on wifi whenever I am near it. I guess I'll wait until a charger case to come out and I'll get that and run 4g all day long.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I just got a new Samsung S II Epic from Sprint and love it. Battery on my old phone had become an issue and this one is so good I don't know how to act. I deliberately did not charge it one night and it easily held charge for two days of normal use (now to be fair, I'm not consuming data at a ridiculous rate playing games and watching vids non-stop)

When I bought it (after I decided on the Galaxy II over an iPhone 4s), the phone rep at the store I bought mine told me they are always getting iPhones returned for one reason or another (poor reception, disfunctional, etc etc). He said they have not had a single Galaxy II Epic returned. I think that says it all.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I bought it (after I decided on the Galaxy II over an iPhone 4s), the phone rep at the store I bought mine told me they are always getting iPhones returned for one reason or another (poor reception, disfunctional, etc etc). He said they have not had a single Galaxy II Epic returned. I think that says it all.
When I went with AT&T, when the first iphone 4 came out, I hated it. I couldn't get any reception at all. I took it back within the 30 day trial, and went over to Verizon and got the Droid X, soon after I tried the iphone 4 for Verizon, and had no issuses with reception. Iphone 4 on Verizon works great. Long battery life, good reception, only had the screen freeze up on me like 2 times out of the 6 months I owned it. My wife just picked up the 4s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts