Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my mxp straight pipe system from vivid racing. Not in the mood to spend 3grand + on a different exhaust. There's very limited info on forums or videos on the exhaust, I seen a few clips and it sounds great to me, I love the loud vicious obnoxious screaming exhausts, anyone have info on this exhaust?

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Just ordered my mxp straight pipe system from vivid racing. Not in the mood to spend 3grand + on a different exhaust. There's very limited info on forums or videos on the exhaust, I seen a few clips and it sounds great to me, I love the loud vicious obnoxious screaming exhausts, anyone have info on this exhaust?
I run the MXP cat back exhaust and I like it. it's loud but very functional. my FBO car just just ran 10.17, 10.19 twice, and 10.21 in the last 10 days.

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
I sold a couple of those systems back in the day. Never had a problem with them, but they are almost Password JDM loud.

What midpipe do you have right now? That'll really determine how that catback will end up sounding

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
What do you guys think about pas jdm non cat midpipe , mxp straight piped catback and stock downpipe tone? Would the stock down pipes still restrict a lot of that sound?
Yes, they restrict quite a bit. Powerwise , I picked up 80whp in some areas under the curve and 20whp peak when I swapped them out.

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Yes, catless downpipes really make the car a lot louder.

·
Registered
58 Posts
MXP is a brand created by the US distributors of Rays and Yokohama Wheels. You can expect a quality system at an affordable price. I've owned their exhaust system on other vehicles and have had no complaints.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.