Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a lot of cars in my time, from 650rwhp 6spd supra to full NSX-R conversion supercharged NSX that weight in at 2789lbs in the past 15 years, only 2 cars that made me had to buying another one. First one is GTR, second one is Gallardo. I still remember when I sold my 09 GT-R, I felt miserable shortly after, and bought a 13 black edition. The difference from CBA to DBA is noticeable but wasn't that dramatic mechanically other than interior, exterior, and launch control.

When I sold my 04 Gallardo 6spd, I did not miss it too much due to the fact that the ridiculously tall gearing on 04~05 cars are just terrible, made the car felt more like in Ferrari 360 league (also had a 6spd 360). The 06~08 gen 2 Gallardo had short gearings that made a dramatic difference and changed the car. The 09~14 had even further improvements. I had considered LP560-4 e-gear, MP4-12C, 458, LP570, and even Huracan. Ended up with LP550-2 as it was what I felt would be best match for manual gear box, most fun car to drive, and rarest in the group (only ~120 LP manual cars were ever made). Finding one will require good amount of premium over the LP560-4 ($30~$40k), ironic considering E-gear were a more expensive option.

Lamborghini did not simply dropped the front differential, they also retuned suspension, esp, stiffer anti roll bar, limited slip differential, etc for all rwd LP models. Motortrend actually tested a LP550-2 gated manual and it was .02 sec quicker than LP560-4 with Egear and thrust mode. Even just punch off idle is effortless and blazing quick off the line without the bog or delays. Everything is sharp and instant with this car. Next is probably find a clean 02+ NSX supercharge it and call it a day.

Attachments

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Nice pick up! I didn't know the manuals were that rare (120). Enjoy it! Hope you get your 02 supercharged nsx too!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow. Very nice. I'm expecting another picture with a "normal" vehicle

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Next is probably find a clean 02+ NSX supercharge it and call it a day.
Can you expand a little on your thoughts on the NSX? I've been in "retro-Japanese mode" for the last couple of months, and the NSX has been, and always will be, one of my all-time favorites. I prefer the pop-up headlights (can't remember if they changed by 2002), but from what I've read, a supercharger is non-negotiable on these cars. Even if you get a small one, the off-the-line torque difference is gargantuan.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can you expand a little on your thoughts on the NSX? I've been in "retro-Japanese mode" for the last couple of months, and the NSX has been, and always will be, one of my all-time favorites. I prefer the pop-up headlights (can't remember if they changed by 2002), but from what I've read, a supercharger is non-negotiable on these cars. Even if you get a small one, the off-the-line torque difference is gargantuan.
You will want a 1997+ NA2, the early cars 91~96 has very tall 2nd gear that hurt the acceleration. In 2002, the car had major update on front end, side skirts, and rear tail lights, rear valence. There are a lot of force induction options available for NSX. It is indeed a timeless classic that is absolute blast to drive if it is either supercharged or turbo. NA is too slow 10 years ago, and super slow for today's standard. Supercharger option is a simple bolt on positive displacement unit that gives it torque throughout the rpm range and relatively inexpensive $8~$12k. Bad news is the price has gone up 25~50% in the past year, the 02+ are selling anywhere from $70k to $100k for a very fine example.

My old NSX in these 2 videos:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz_wYVFUgMk

·
Registered
746 Posts
what an awesome stable. I would love to add a 6 speed gallardo or 430 to my garage. I love the NSX as well but there's something about a gated shifter that excites me.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Dat orange ... Drool !!!!

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
You will want a 1997+ NA2, the early cars 91~96 has very tall 2nd gear that hurt the acceleration. In 2002, the car had major update on front end, side skirts, and rear tail lights, rear valence. There are a lot of force induction options available for NSX. It is indeed a timeless classic that is absolute blast to drive if it is either supercharged or turbo. NA is too slow 10 years ago, and super slow for today's standard. Supercharger option is a simple bolt on positive displacement unit that gives it torque throughout the rpm range and relatively inexpensive $8~$12k. Bad news is the price has gone up 25~50% in the past year, the 02+ are selling anywhere from $70k to $100k for a very fine example.
Awesome car and awesome vids. That yellow Type R is soooo nasty. Do you see the prices of these dropping when the new one hits the market? Oddly enough, I'm thinking 'no'.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Holy balls I didn't know they sounded like that. Awesome. Nice stable for sure. Me likey the black R35

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some pics of my GTR and LP550-2 with friend's Hotsuoka GT-R, Challenge Straddle, and Z06+ a short video I made

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Very cool ... Thanks for sharing !!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
nice cars nsxgtr! i remember you on nsxprime. that first time i heard the SC with the GTone exhaust .... made me go buy one haha

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another clip of my previous NSX:

Compilation of exhaust note for my current and past cars (wish I had clips of the Supra):

1 - 20 of 22 Posts