Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the genearl NAGTROC section as well.
Interested to see if there are any Canadian experiences, and more important, solutions.

When the 2012s came out a bunch of us reported that for no logical reason, occasionally some cars would go into a reduced power mode. Shutting the car off, and restarting it usually got it back to normal.
Several theories, from bad gas, low octane etc. were postulated but I do not recall that the matter was definitively analyzed and the root cause identified.

Well, I just got my 2013, and it spends 90% of its time in reduced power, and reduced boost mode. I noticed that g-force is down 15-20 % from when it is running properly, and boost that is normally peaking at 13-14 psi, goes down to around 10 psi.

The car has dealer miles only on it.

Did anyone ever figure out what the problem was with the 2012s? (My 2012 mysteriously stopped doing it at some point, and I have not had it happen for several thousand miles - winter driving though - nice and cool). Could it be that Misuno has gotten real clever and is limiting boost during their suggested break-in period?!?!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Maybe your dealer put low octane fuel in it? That would be my first guess. Congrats on probably the first 2013 in Canada!

·
SF Bay Area Member
548 Posts
How do you know if you are in reduced power mode?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE:
Made sure the original tank of gas, from delivery, was sucking fumes, then filled up with 94 octane.
Seems to have fixed the problem.
Now even though it only has 500km, it will out-pull the 2012 on the G-meter by a few percent in every gear, and has a "fuller" mid-upper RPM torue curve ie. the G-force trace stays flatter longer into the upper RPM range.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow that is great! which dealer btw ? I hoped they did not dump 87 in her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts