Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
*Updated-uploaded better data logging
Data logging with Cobb AccessPORT V3. Unfortunately, I don't know how to read the datalogs and to see if the tune and other readings are safe etc..I would appreciate feedback on datalog. Thank You

Conservative tune on Mustang 568hp/582tq
-Alpha catless dp
-Cobb catted dp
-HKS legamax
-Asnu 1100cc injectors
-Sakura 3-inch intakes
-Cobb AccessPORT v3

Attachments

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Could someone also briefly explain how readings or numbers should be (normal or good). When I look at it, all i c are numbers lol (noob). Appreciate any help.

-What "monitor" should I be looking at?

·
Vendor
313 Posts
Tune is out of whack. Fuel trims are way off. They should be within 5% of 100. Under WOT you have almost a 10% difference between banks. AFR is pretty bad as well. One is reading 12 one is reading 12.5 this is from the fuel trims being off and Bren more than likely not tuning end of injection properly for your injectors. It is also knocking in the upper RPM due to him jamming the tune with ignition advance. This is why you bring your GTR to people that know the car. Not someone who tunes one or two a year. We are happy to help you out and get the car running properly. Your CEL's that you have also been getting I saw in another thread could also be caused by poor injector tuning (mainly the P2096). hopefully no damage has been done to the car.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Could someone also briefly explain how readings or numbers should be (normal or good). When I look at it, all i c are numbers lol (noob). Appreciate any help.

-What "monitor" should I be looking at?
You need to buy Logviewer. It will allow you to visualize the data and make sense of it. Google is your friend.

http://www.epifansoft.com/

·
Vendor
313 Posts
Hi Rob. Firstly, thank you for taking the time to look at my data log and giving me a feedback. I'm surprised that some readings are off, even though the car runs and feels so much better, smoother, and more responsive.

Second of all and with all due respect, I did approach Kaizen first since you guys carry a reputation with GTR's. Tim and I spoke back and forth mid-Dec 2014 about Alpha, and agreed on a date for me to come in (Jan 12, 2015) and install parts+in house tune. Long story short. I paid off a large amount in advance in December. Only to come on Jan 12th with Kaizen telling me "sorry we forgot to order the parts, and dyno is not ready". You guys then promised to have me on the dyno by first week of Feb.
Then again pushed a few times, until beg of March I was told that "snow has damaged your dyno, we promise you are next on the list". A few days later I see Kaizen's Gtr (on instagram) on dyno getting ready for tx2k. And this is when I lost it and asked for a refund. Even though Bren tunes a few GTR's a year; I prefer quality over quantity.

I will speak to Bren and mention your highly appreciated feedback on his tune. ( I will keep Kaizen's name out of this) Thanks.
I'm sorry your appointment was delayed. When you first came in we were in the middle of installing our dyno. So we put a very safe, conservative street tune on the car to get you by until we could get you on the dyno. Your Feb. appointment was missed due to the 4 feet of snow surrounding the shop, we had immense amounts of water coming through the ceiling flooding the dyno. The snow brought the shop to a grinding halt, so getting upset about this unreasonable. As far as March goes, I was told you demanded to get on the dyno while we were going to be gone at TX2K15, and got very upset when you learned you would have to wait until the week following TX2K15. Demanding me to come home from Texas to the shop owner just to get your car tuned was ridiculous. As far you seeing our shop A12 on the dyno. I put 30 miles on the car on the dyno, the car went to Texas and was tuned on the highway due to having no other choice. The dyno was not used beyond this. Only the rollers spinning as a rolling road. No electronics being used for power output and testing.

As far as your quality over quantity comment. I'm happy to put your car on the dyno for free to prove your car is not running properly, and is not making the power it is claimed to be making. The tune is not good plain and simple, I'm sorry that a big dyno number has led you to believe this. So the quality comment just does not make sense when you review your datalog.

I would love to repair the relationship between you and the shop, if possible. At the end all I can do is extend an olive branch on hopes that you take it.

·
Vendor
313 Posts
I did Rob's e-tune. i live in MA. When I went over to Bren, i had him use Rob's e-tune as the baseline, and it only got 513hp/537tq on mustang
Again, I feel like I'm repeating myself and being redundant. We put a quick drive up and down the highway a few miles street tune on the car, until the tune could be finished on the dyno. It was left with rich fueling and low ignition advance to ensure you would have no issues with the car until we could finish the tune on the dyno. I don't much like risking a possible arrest-able traffic violation tuning someone's car on the street. So using this as a comparison doesn't work. Our work was not finished. This is a lot of the reason behind your frustration with getting the car in and on the dyno.

I promise the car currently would not break 540 on my Dyno Jet. I might also add the Mustang is supposed to read a good 20-40 HP lower than a Dyno Jet. Bring it in and prove me wrong.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
^Rob, I did not demand you to come back from Texas. It wasn't just the dyno! I made a deal with Kaizen (I have all the pm's) I made an appointment way back in December, for a January apt. I paid in advance for an invoice total of over $7,000 The least that could have been done was to get a call a day before saying we dont have the parts ready.

Already the dyno wasn't ready, which was ok. The fact that I came to Kaizen at 9:00 am on our promised appointment and waited. By around 10:45 I was told you guys "forgot" to order the Downpipes & midpipe! So why did I pay a large deposit!? You had nearly a month. That was the main reason that got me upset. It gave me an indication that Kaizen clearly doesn't care about the customer i had to settle for a used downpipe and still had to pay for the dynotune...pushing the dyno appointment just made it worse for me, and I will not wait that long. (from Jan to end of March).

Im not directing this towards you and
I did not want to start a topic bashing Kaizen. But to answer you on quality, im referring to customer service.

·
Vendor
313 Posts
I realize why you are upset and rightfully so. I don't consider this a bashing, I responded to your log, simply with the intention of helping. It's my way of trying to repair the bad experience you had. We all make mistakes. Tim or someone in the parts ordering chain simply forgot. I would love to repair the relationship and bring you back, I understand if it's too late.

While I don't have much to do with sales and service I can certainly try and mend fences. Let us know what we can do to make it up to you.

Like I said I'm happy to back up all that I said, I would happily dyno the car at no cost. I'm still happy to finish the original tune at no cost to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.