Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm relevantly new to GTR Life, Ive been an evo owner for years now. Here in a few weeks I will be picking up myself a GTR. So this past weekend I went to a car meet a few hours away and happen to run into a buddy of mine who has a 800+whp Supra and he recently picked up a GTR. So after BSing for a while and him telling me the mods on the GTR I was like hey wanna go to Mexico for a few quick pulls, he agreed heres the out come. Im not trying to start any crap with anyone this was just so we can see how the cars run side by side. Thanks let me know what you guys think

GTR Mods( Intakes, DP, Midpipe, HKS cat back exhaust, Injectors, Fuel pumps, Cobb AP) (owner said a little over 530whp)
Evo mods (built 2.0, ETS T3 6266BB Turbo kit, AMS cams, etc.) (547whp/402wtq @ 26 psi on 93)

· The World Warrior
7,176 Posts
idk man this is the 2nd bolt on gtr I've raced it always a the same outcome
Looks like the guy ran you in the wrong gear if he has those mods. I've ran 3 evos with your mods and made them look stupid.

Good luck on the GT-R though.

· e85 member
2,716 Posts
Good luck with the GT-R--plan on modding? On the race, this is easily solved--does your car run 9s and trap 140mph+? If so, then the race shown makes sense, if not then the guy in the GT-R was in the wrong gear.

**EDIT Maybe as low as 10 flats @ high 130s would have a similar outcome--either way, what's your Evo run in the quarter? Nice ride by the way, it looks quick!

· Registered
258 Posts
Good luck with the GT-R--plan on modding? On the race, this is easily solved--does your car run 9s and trap 140mph+? If so, then the race shown makes sense, if not then the guy in the GT-R was in the wrong gear.

**EDIT Maybe as low as 10 flats @ high 130s would have a similar outcome--either way, what's your Evo run in the quarter? Nice ride by the way, it looks quick!
An Evo X at full weight and street tires at those power levels will struggle to break high 10s. Mostly nailing low 11.0-11.2 assuming good launch.

· Registered
1,503 Posts

Agreed 100% either that or the GTR is hurt or lie about mods..

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

my evos fastest pass ever has been 11.2 @131 with a horrible 2.2 60' on street tires

im not here to argue with anyone just putting it there I respect everyones thought in this
I myself think it should of been a much closer race

as far as mods on the GTR it will be full bolt on E85 with in a few weeks of getting it and getting tuned by Devin @ boostin performance

· Registered
2,156 Posts
I have a evo and with the T3 kits and power level you are tuned to it will do good to break into the 10s on 93. The GTR should have either stayed beside you or you should have pulled slightly. Not dogging you trust me i got a Evo X myself and love the car. I am in the process of having a built motor with the full-race T4 kit. I am hoping to get into mid 10s on e85.

· Registered
373 Posts
Good Kill and nice ride! I had 2 Evo's and loved them both!!

Your trap is certainly indicating you are making some real power man. I have a couple friends that trap around 128-130 with the boltons you mentioned above on the GTR, so i think this should have been closer..that said, it didnt happen in this case and the GTR got toasted....nice work!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a evo and with the T3 kits and power level you are tuned to it will do good to break into the 10s on 93. The GTR should have either stayed beside you or you should have pulled slightly. Not dogging you trust me i got a Evo X myself and love the car. I am in the process of having a built motor with the full-race T4 kit. I am hoping to get into mid 10s on e85.
I thought it would have been a closer race but i guess not
I also have an E85 tune for just shy of 700whp but never use it due to E85 being like E67 here lol
I'm selling the evo this week so not more evo for me lol

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good Kill and nice ride! I had 2 Evo's and loved them both!!

Your trap is certainly indicating you are making some real power man. I have a couple friends that trap around 128-130 with the boltons you mentioned above on the GTR, so i think this should have been closer..that said, it didnt happen in this case and the GTR got toasted....nice work!
Thanks man the evo is fun but its not a GTR its time to move on to one now

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.