Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my experience working w/ the Switzer team, particularly Neil Switzer, on my P800 - overall an EXCELLENT experience from a build to customer service perspective.

I purchased the car from a close buddy of mine that had Switzer put on the P800 package. With 22k miles the car is running like a champ.

Gotta give Neil a shout-out as he personally reached out to welcome me to the GTR/Switzer family and insisted I send him some logs to make sure my car was running perfectly. I have been exchanging countless back and forth emails w/ Neil over the past few weeks and I can confirm that customer service is clearly in Switzer's DNA. Neil has made sure to get back to me in a timely fashion and even prioritized my tune adjustment to get me up and running ASAP. We are still working on getting my tune refined, but I have no doubt I am well taken care of.

My experience just goes to show the Switzer guys are focused on building great cars and going far and beyond w/ regards to customer service. This is not a "install my package and never hear from us again" shop. You can always count on the team there.

Hope this hopes someone that is doing research on Switzer.

I will update this thread w/ my any material updates / when we fine tune my car.

Peace!

·
Registered
62 Posts
They are the best IMO I love

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to update the thread... Neil and his team are working on an updated custom SD tune for my car. Car should run even better on the new tune, looking fwd to it. Will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
A true testament to Switzer's professionalism was told to me yesterday at a street car shootout.

Local guy sees me at the event and asks if I know Switzer, obviously because of the GTR. I reply yes and go in to tell him that Switzer's cars are impressive etc.

This guy is 64 years old driving a modded up Sunbeam, 9 sec car BTW. He proceeds to tell me he went to TX2K this year and had a bit of a run in with the Switzer team. Apparently he trailered his Sunbeam to the event and setup his canopy and trailer where TX2K staff told him to. He got into a bit of an argument with the Switzer staff because of his proximity to the track. The staff basically said we paid x amount of money to attend the event and park here. The old man wouldn't budge and challenged any Switzer car to a race and the bet was that he would move if he lost.

Long story short, the head of Switzer found him later that evening, apologized for the dispute, offered him some shop shirts, and invited him to eat at their tent. The old guy, I believe his name is Jerry, said that the Switzer folks were a great group of people.

I was expecting some horror story of a GTR shop or owner being an asshole to him but definitely NOT the case. Nice to hear how well the Switzer team handles even the smallest incident.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Glad you had a good experience brother!! When it was time for my build I couldn't get Switzer they took forever to answer my PM, and then never returned my phone calls as they promised me they would. And I was ready to wire up to $100k that day.....

Very pleased to see they've got their shit sorted out now!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, I couldn't say the same. They have been responsive.

Yeah, do get some black smoke when shifting at high rpms / wot.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my experience working w/ the Switzer team, particularly Neil Switzer, on my P800 - overall an EXCELLENT experience from a build to customer service perspective.

I purchased the car from a close buddy of mine that had Switzer put on the P800 package. With 22k miles the car is running like a champ.

Gotta give Neil a shout-out as he personally reached out to welcome me to the GTR/Switzer family and insisted I send him some logs to make sure my car was running perfectly. I have been exchanging countless back and forth emails w/ Neil over the past few weeks and I can confirm that customer service is clearly in Switzer's DNA. Neil has made sure to get back to me in a timely fashion and even prioritized my tune adjustment to get me up and running ASAP. We are still working on getting my tune refined, but I have no doubt I am well taken care of.

My experience just goes to show the Switzer guys are focused on building great cars and going far and beyond w/ regards to customer service. This is not a "install my package and never hear from us again" shop. You can always count on the team there.

Hope this hopes someone that is doing research on Switzer.

I will update this thread w/ my any material updates / when we fine tune my car.

Peace!
Are these guys still in business? Could not find a recent website and when I tried calling I couldn't get through.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Are these guys still in business? Could not find a recent website and when I tried calling I couldn't get through.
Read this:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts