Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ahad
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my name is Ahad and I just wanted to introduce myself to the fellow GT-R owners. I have owned a GT-R for three years now and purchased it from Park Place Porsche/Mercedes Dallas in early 2010. I have had my car stock since owning and always planned on modding some day. I spoke with Chris Riggs after hearing about his kit on the forum in May of this year. I did a lot of research and decided to try out his SBD700 kit, but choose to stay with the OEM exhaust and did not do the tune for E85 yet. I just wanted to see how the car felt and sounded before doing all the parts. I have had the kit for about a month now and am extremely happy with everything. I was there to see the install at their shop first hand, as well as meeting with Brad Golden who did a great job on my tune and explaining the whole installation process. Before I bought the kit, I was hesitant about modding the car because I didn't want to risk breaking it. With the help of all the forum members and the many reviews I read, I decided to pull the trigger on the SBD700 package. Chris and his team are overall excellent and I would give them nothing other than a 10/10. They really went above and beyond my expectations and took care of everything in a very professional manner. I used to think my car stock was fast until I drove it for the first time after the install. The package is perfect, just the right amount of sound to grab your attention and when you push it, OH MAN!!! The GT-R sound was one thing that always bugged me because I always expected more, but after taking the cats out of the downpipes and midpipe, it is a night and day difference in sound. For anyone that is in my shoes and is still on the fence about modding, trust me! You have no idea what you are missing out on. Chris and the crew give great prices on quality parts, as well as very fast and reasonably priced installs. Being able to call and text Chris whenever I wanted even before I bought the kit, made me feel very comfortable about leaving my car in his company's hands. I am from Little Rock, AR but attend school at the U of A in Fayetteville, AR. If anyone passes through the area and would like to see the car just PM me. My family has aways loved cars and I'll post some pics of my car on the dyno as well as some pictures of my family's cars for anyone that likes exotic/luxury cars. If you guys want more information on my experiences with SBD, let me know. Chris will be posting the pictures he has as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ditto all the way with Chris....he is a very honest business man, IMO. He was true to his word from start to finish in my dealings with him. I would love to hear more about your SBD700 kit. And, in PA where I live, state emissions inspections are performed every year for registration...I tried to go catless on my midpipe purchase and couldn't get the dealer to do it....said he'd lose his inspection license with the state if he got caught. Unless it can pass an emissions inspection, I'll have to admire it until I move to either FL or AZ. Let's hear about the SBD700 and how it runs!

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
Ahad, great meeting you and the family!

It was an eventful few days and we really enjoyed getting to spend some time with you.

With us both coming from medical backgrounds, definitely enjoyed the conversation about the future of healthcare. Don't get me started again!

With that said, wow man, what a car! It was a pretty night and day change going from stock to the full SBD700 package on pump gas.

Gorgeous car and again, we're so excited to add you to the SBD famliy. We're a pretty large family now, but we could always use a few more ;)

God Bless,

Chris

·
Ahad
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. Chris said he would post the video of the dyno so I'm sure it will be up soon. If you guys ever pass threw Arkansas let me know!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Btw, a family that tracks together, stays together! My adult sons, my brother, my nephews all get together at the track. Great family time. Looks like you have some great cars to create some great memories. Go for it. Congrats and best wishes!

·
Registered
190 Posts
The Ferrari, a Lambo, the Rolls, a Range Rover and the GT-R...hmmmmm, by my count, we are well north of a million $$. You have a lovely home, but Arkansas has a more reasonable real estate expense than many other areas of the country, so that one can be a fooler.... but that collection of wheels, that's serious money no matter where you live! Medical field, I'll bet you can't wait for Obamacare to be finalized!
I don't think it's either jealousy or envy, but you've enjoyed your success the way that most of the Forum members would probably like to if they could afford it....congratulations and WOW!

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. Chris said he would post the video of the dyno so I'm sure it will be up soon. If you guys ever pass threw Arkansas let me know!
Beautiful set of autos! Hilarious how the Roller makes the Murci look like a toy. I love Arkansas and work for a Company headquartered there - owner's name is on the side (all sides) of a very tall building downtown ... Not even obvious lol

·
Ahad
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Didn't realize you and your family were in medicine! What fields? In 'medicine' myself..many years of training left
My father has been in private practice gastroenterology for the past 20 years. My brother is about to start residency and I am taking the MCAT this summer! How about yourself?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.