Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

· El Diablo
673 Posts
I have a 2010 pearl white GTR. I got my car used (with 21000 miles or so) it had a couple of bolt-ons and a tune, they were;

-Full Greddy Ti exhaust
-Greddy intercooler with Greddy BOVs
-Greddy intake system
-1000cc Injectors (can't remember the brand)

The car was also dropped on Swift Spec-R springs.

After driving the car for about 3 months, I felt I needed more power and started sending emails, getting some advice from my GTR tech, and talking to different shops. After lots of discussion and debating, I decided to go with Jacks Transmission for the build, AAM as my supplier for the internals, fuel system, and turbos. Living in AZ I needed the car shipped so through some recommendations I ended up using Nico (Slick Allstar is his user name).

Initially I was looking at having a car that could put down 700hp at the wheel on the crap 91 octane gas Arizona has but with room to build up to more if I wanted to ever go with more. I thought I would be happy with 700hp but the guys at Jacks, AAM, and my tech were all right. 700hp was nothing, a few smiles at first but then I was left wanting more. I wish I would had listen to them back then and just gone all out but well I'm now where I know I'll be happy.

Round 1 - Power Goal 700 awhp

Main Build Upgrades
-JE Forge Pistons
-Manley I-beam rods
-AAM GT900-R's (with w/g actuator and brakets
-AAM GT900-R Suction Kit
-AAM S-line fuel system - Hard wire with fuel pressure gauge
-RR transmission
-Manifold ported and polish
-Cobb tune on 91 oct gas (1 map)

Car at Jacks

Pretty new parts!

Engine getting all 'fancy'

Little transmission work

· El Diablo
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Engine looking pretty!

· El Diablo
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before

After

· Alberta Oil & Gas
5,806 Posts
Beautiful!!

· El Diablo
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So after a while I started to get the itch to do some more upgrades so round two came. Took a while to get all the parts ordered up or to find them. Some of the aesthetic things were bough used. Round 2 included;

-Flex fuel kit installed
-2150cc injectors
-Bigger fuel rail
-ETS race intercooler and TiAL bovs
-JUN bumper vent
-APR lip and sides (new APR wing pending... sitting in my garage).
-G2 wheels

Here are the pics

How my engine looks now

· El Diablo
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There were a few issues, like I'm sure most who do a built go through, so I recommend anyone who is planning on doing a build to have at least 20-30% more in funds than whatever you were quoted so you aren't strapped for cash during the build.

Again want to give a huge shout out and thanks to Jacks Transmissions, AAM for hooking up the parts when I began, James at Vivid Racing for always helping me out, even hand delivering parts to me, and Joe Bach and the team at Scottsdale Vault.

Here are some glamour pics of how my girl now sits

· El Diablo
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice looking set up...what does it make power wise and any 1/4 mile times ?
Don't drag my car so I wouldn't be able to tell you but in Oct I'm doing the AZ No Fly Zone so I'll be able to tell you what I run in the 1/2. On my 'Beast Mode' map I should be at or around 1000 awhp. Hoping I can throw the car on a dyno soon to find out where shes at.

· R35
143 Posts
+100000 for Jacks !! Looks great !! (actually very close to mine so I'm very biased...lol)

· R35 member
3,069 Posts
What kind of problems did you have that would require 30% more budget? did they have to do a job more than once or was it tied up and painting the engine all pretty?

Joe
Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

· El Diablo
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was having all sorts of fuel issues. Bad injector, then faulty pump, and some tune issues. Nothing major, just bad luck. But also I changed my mind a few times on what was going in the car and that added to the delays and price. I've notice that happens every time I start a project, car or bike.

What kind of problems did you have that would require 30% more budget? did they have to do a job more than once or was it tied up and painting the engine all pretty?

Joe
Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

· El Diablo
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beautiful build sir.. love seeing those builds, so inspiring.. cant wait to see some dyno results and some pulling videos
enjoy in good health!
Thank you thank you! Can't wait for the no fly zone event in October. Going to get some awesome gopro vids up.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
Love these builds. Makes me always think twice before buying parts to make sure I can upgrade from them.

· El Diablo
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.