Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok took off slightly uphill at a T junction with light - moderate acceleration. Suspension was in normal, Transmission in race, as was traction control.

The traction light flickered heavilly while turning which caught my attention, then with still only moderate accel, on the straight, the tract light kept flickering for several seconds, the car actually felt at this point as if something mechanical had broken/loosened ie. wheel nuts or tyre slipping on the rim (not that I was accelerating any where near enough for that to happen)!

So has anyone else ever had anything similar?

After stopping and checking car all is good and back to normal.

????????????

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Sounds like traction control was intervening a little longer than normal. It doesn't sound like anything major.

What year GT-R, and what tires are you running?

*edit: That feeling that something happened mechanically - may have been triggered by the instant weight shift (because of the TC induced lift off throttle). It can be unnerving to experience that - mid corner.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
When I was around 6000 feet going up a steep driveway witht he wheels turned every time my GT-R would go bonkers and start lurching and bouncin glike crazy. I t was scary and embarrassing.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Coomputers were confused.....happens once in a while....nothing to worry about....

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I have a 09 GT-R, it does this going down hill. Is there any way to fix the problem. What did Nissan do to remedy the issue for the newer models?
Thousands of lines of code debugged, from what I know from those in the know.

The 2012's even have a whole new updated piece of hardware to make it all the best. The new ABS module living on the CANBUS is about 25% more expensive unit from BOSCH (I believe).

Shawn

·
Registered
705 Posts
When I was around 6000 feet going up a steep driveway witht he wheels turned every time my GT-R would go bonkers and start lurching and bouncin glike crazy. I t was scary and embarrassing.
Normal. I experience this everyday going up my steep driveway. The tranny gets all fidgety like somethings seriously wrong.

·
Registered
284 Posts
BTW it's an actual 2010 (ie. not US) with std wheels & tyres, 4000klm on the clock.

Cool, seems that it's not a worry, that is a relief.. Thanks all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.