Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
interesting... but i can assure you, having owned both those cars, its not that kind of performance difference. I am guessing he was in the wrong gear. Sure from a dig, the GTR would kill it. But a viper is quite formidable from a roll at 40, he should have been in 2nd gear, and it seems like he was in 3rd. 2nd goes to 80mph in a viper and 1st goes to 60.

No excuses, you 'won' but the fight is a lot closer then that video would have you believe.

2 cents.

Jon

·
Seems Legit
2,476 Posts
I wonder if you had more space would he had caught up to you? Whats the top end of speed of a Viper?

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hit 137mph before I braked. I have the log from that run on the p/box it was like 8.5 60-130 as soon as Texas event is over my raw data will be emailed to have it analyzed and posted. I don't think he was catching me at all. My car is really quick.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Nice video, The GTR looks like it got the hit. It is real hard to make up difference when someone hit the gas faster. I can't catch a car in which my 60-130 time is 0.5 s faster before 130 mph if he had the hit. 8.5 s 60-130 (maybe you are going up hill, I don't know) is doable in stock z06 in cool weather.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Nothing wrong with your start as viper was slow to react to his own horn. On the Graph: Data, double click it and select height in Channel set-up then go to axis set-up and click height then hit apply. How you have a graph of your run along with the height.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
You should have a height scale (You have to have a scale and a graph). So from 60-130 mph, look for change of height such as from 20 ft to 22 ft. That is 2 ft, then you can figure out the distance you travel doing 60-130 mph. Then the slope is height/distance. That is the slope and criteria is less than 3.00% or .03.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That viper should be 500 rwhp.?

When mine was 500 rwhp and I ran 500 rwhp gtrs we were pretty much even.

Hard to say though. A gts is only 400 rwhp stock and with full bolt ons might just be 445 rwhp and he might just have the babt 708 cam thats good for 10 hp and just be 455 rwhp.

I had the baby 708 cam as my first can install in my 03 that hit 450 rwhp stock. With full bolt ons plus the baby cam she only hit 486 rwhp. Then I took that one out and put in an agressive cam and hit 555 rwhp.

So when you say cammed it could be a 10 hp cam or a 80 hp cam. Without the specs or dyno numbers we just dont know.

Good kill. Sick vid

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Here is a video of idle. Sounds sick!
My friend Scotty , owner of the viper is getting a roe 2.8 supercharger now! Game on! Time to do the 90mm downpipes, 90mm y-pipe, injectors, 2012 turbo inlets, 3in intakes, fmic, ic piping, valvesprings/retainers, cams and custom tune!

·
GT-R CRAZY
399 Posts
good race and another good kill.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.