Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was invited to a private rental today at Atco. So I took my GTR to get some passes on the new setup.

Car ran great all day long. Got about 18 passes, with about 12-14 of them well into the 9's.

I have timeslips all over my car, truck, and in my garage. Car ran consistent 9.5-9.6 @ 143-144 all day long. My 60's were in the 1.51-1.56 on M&H with 4k BOTL. (only had the two slips in my pocket that are at the end of the vid, but I have a bunch to go through...I want to find the best MPH, ET, and 60' and see what they are)

Full weight car 3/4-1/2 tank fuel. NOTHING taken out of it, and me at 230lbs in there, too.

Big thanks to Sean Ivey at IveyTune for biulding me a great car...It ran like a TOP all day long...NEVER missed a beat.

Once I get the launch down pat, and get a 1.4x, and tweak a few things, I think this car should have a 9.3x in it.

I would do more vids right now...But I'm SHOT. It's been a long weekend....And with me fooling around today, my week just got very busy....

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Congrats! I had heard a rumor so it's nice to get video confirmation. You should be STOKED!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! I had heard a rumor so it's nice to get video confirmation. You should be STOKED!
Yeah, it's good...I'm happy....(Was really looking for 148-150mph, but it doesn't look like I'll get it).

Car was perfect...Couldn't ask for a better, more consistent setup. All the Corvette guys were a bit puzzled -- Most of them were struggling to get out of the 10's, and I was soft-shoeing the car into the 9's.

There were a couple quick Vettes there, though...One was 9.4 @ 140, the other was 9.11 @ 147 or something...Sounded good, too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes...Car had a best mph of 138 on low boost, 142 on medium, and 144.66 on high.
That's awesome man...looking forward to seeing it in person soon! U gonna bring it n track at all this year or is that still the Z's territory?

Sent from my iPad using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, and my 'Big Race' against my friends twin-turbo CTSV ended before it started...Here was his FIRST 'shakedown' pass before we were to line up against each other...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's awesome man...looking forward to seeing it in person soon! U gonna bring it n track at all this year or is that still the Z's territory?
I think I will keep the Z06 as the road-course car for now...Although I'm tired of it keeps breaking things...Maybe another Viper, or a Porsche (don't tell Danny! He won't leave me alone!!) - I dunno...Need something else, I think....

·
NJ Strong
1,296 Posts
thats AWESOME mike...sweet time

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
The Big race video had me ROFL. Congrats Mike, and thanks for your confidence in our product.

Sean

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Nice run Mike and great work Ivey.

Mike for reference full weight my car went 146 - if you got serious and put a race seat, 1/4 tank and no passenger . it would prob go 148

also what RPMS are shifting at ? or is it in auto?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Excellent!!! just a *bit* faster then it was when we met up w Rimola last year! Congrats ;)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Congrats!!!! Amazing setup you have and look forward to getting to the track with you

Iveytune FTW!!!!

·
NJ Strong
1,296 Posts
Excellent!!! just a *bit* faster then it was when we met up w Rimola last year! Congrats ;)
pfffft.....its only 1 second faster Rob. no biggie lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts