Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, coming from a 2009 GTR the 2013 GTR is more refined and improved. Just got over 200 miles on the car. Overall, improved and considering for daily use if it wasn't for the unwanted attention.

1. Tranny shifting is much improved. I sold my 2009 GTR becuse of the annoying unsmooth tranny from stop/go. This new tranny is many times better in terms of smoothness and comfort for daily use. More like a standrad auto that shifts lighting quick.
2. The ride on this new GTR is better. It seems to ride less harsh than my old one in 2008.
3. Didn't really step on it yet but should feel faster.
4. Stereo seem to be a tad better. This new unit seem to have more bass than the old. Good but not a great system.
5. The touch screen is much nicer than the old unit.
6. Finally has auto lights. Just wish it has auto wipers.

What i realize is the awd binds under park turning situations a tad more on the 2013. Did nissan change the front diff to have more lock? It has been a while but can anyone confirm?

Attachments

·
Founder/Admin
26,473 Posts
weird you say it binds more... they changed the Diff fluid to the NISMO and its supposed to reduce it.....

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
weird you say it binds more... they changed the Diff fluid to the NISMO and its supposed to reduce it.....
The temp outside has also dropped from 80 degrees last week to into the 30's in the mornings now and I've started to notice since the temperature drop. I wonder if the NISMO fluid handle the cold weather better or worst. I didn't drive my 2009 in the winter and actually dont' know if it has similar issues regarding this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, the car has been great especially, the drive experience. The car just feel so super and so big compared to my pocket rocket TTRS that is not driven that much since GTR arrived. I'm just keep that around until I can find a better daily car. I would love to use the GTR daily but walmart parking scares me...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
i know what you mean by the parking binding, i've been through pretty much all TCM versions and i have noticed that when inching or slowly pulling into a spot or slightly uphill, the car acts more like a manual where even with the gas slightly pressed, it feels like its slowly letting the clutch out and "binding"

·
Seems Legit
2,476 Posts
Awesome color choice & congrats!

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
Congrats Gixxer! The blue with the gunmetal wheels look really good! I even like the gold calipers on them with the blue...

Consider getting it clear shielded (at least the front end - Xpel Ultimate is becoming the standard)...and you are good to go...enjoy the ride in good health.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Not to be a dick or anything but I'm just curious, how do you afford a brand new GTR and TTRS working at Walmart?

Thanks guys, the car has been great especially, the drive experience. The car just feel so super and so big compared to my pocket rocket TTRS that is not driven that much since GTR arrived. I'm just keep that around until I can find a better daily car. I would love to use the GTR daily but walmart parking scares me...

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
congrats dude!!!

I just picked mine up 2 days ago too

enjoy it in the best of health!

-AJ

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Not to be a dick or anything but I'm just curious, how do you afford a brand new GTR and TTRS working at Walmart?
I don't see anything being mentioned about actually working at WalMart. I think he simply meant if he used it as a daily it would mean taking to places such as a WalMart parking lot which should scare any car loving person.

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
I don't see anything being mentioned about actually working at WalMart. I think he simply meant if he used it as a daily it would mean taking to places such as a WalMart parking lot which should scare any car loving person.
+1...on parking @ Walmart...I shop @ my 24hr Wal-Mart and end up getting anything I need really late in the evening or really early. If it's during the day...Hello Mr. Walmart shopper meet Mr. Hyundai daily driver...

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is correct, I do my shopping there thus thinking about a care free daily ride. Perhaps downgrade my TTRS to a $25k car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.