Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Been wanting to do this for a few years. Managed to find some authentic gear for cheap to make it happen... I need to lose a few pounds this week. 6' 0" 190lbs is too heavy for the Stig...

Oh and yeah the whole thing is freaking hot so I don't know how I am going to survive several hours at 2-3 parties this weekend... Taking my helmet off would be sacrilege!

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Awesome!

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Haha....hope you got some good antiperspirant for the job.

Tell us if you make it through the evening without taking your lid off.

Great costume!!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Star Wars storm trooper?

Kidding, but we both had the same idea. My racing suit just got here today helmet/gloves/shoes come tomorrow so I will have to snap some pics too.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Star Wars storm trooper?

Kidding, but we both had the same idea. My racing suit just got here today helmet/gloves/shoes come tomorrow so I will have to snap some pics too.
Cool which suit did you get? There are some white karting suits on ebay. Mine is a real Alpinestars karting suit that is only available in Europe so I bought one on a UK site for not much more than the one on ebay and for a LOT cheaper than the $700+ needed for the one the Stig wears...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I got the closest suit I could get which was the Alpinestars SP suit (GP-tech he wears only comes in a white/silver now), the helmet gloves and shoes are all the exact one he wears on the show.

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
Haha sweet man

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the closest suit I could get which was the Alpinestars SP suit (GP-tech he wears only comes in a white/silver now), the helmet gloves and shoes are all the exact one he wears on the show.
Cool, that suit is $600! I hope you have use for it other than a costume..
I got the KMX-9 from a shop in the UK for about $130. The Stig has worn three different helmets all from Simpson - the Speedway RX, Bandit and Diamondback. I have both the Bandit and Diamondback. He also wore various gloves but mostly the Astars you got and some other brands as well. Shoes have varied as well.

Check this out:
http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/stigs-clothing-compendium-image-heavy-34439/

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also post some pics when it all arrives!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Awesome costume! Of course after halloween make sure to tell us how many thought you were half of daft punk or something else completely off.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had the same idea, but I'm sure I will be way too hot in it. Are you going to talk to anyone?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome costume! Of course after halloween make sure to tell us how many thought you were half of daft punk or something else completely off.
Actually I would love to be Daft Punk but getting a good helmet would be insanely difficult. Did you see the video of the guy who made a perfect replica?

·
Stea7th
165 Posts
That is really awesome!! Thanks for sharing the info on what they are and how to get them!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.