Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hey everyone,

finally decided to upgrade from stock after my warranty ran out on my 09. Still with my Speedshield wrap that I LOVE! But thinking I might change color again after the build.

I like to track more than go fast in a straight line so I asked Jotech just for some modest upgrades. BUT, just so happens they had some lightly used AMS 9s laying around so off we go!

The car made a respectable 710 on the dyno but pulled back to 690 for safety. I plan to run it low or middle when I track the car.

Also, some feed back about the parts that are unique:

Vex Performance, Inconel Downpipes

1. The inconel downpipes from vex performance are interesting. I have the Akrapovic exhaust and mid pipe. Now with the DP I have a totally open exhaust. The car is louder but surprisingly not to bad. BUT, when you get on it it sounds loud, almost like a trumpet. I plan to post a gopro clip with the cam mounted on the rear to try to record the sound.

2. I don't think I will be fully able to see if the DP make any difference until I get the car to the track next week. Even then it will be hard to say if it does what it claims to but I will try to provide feedback.

3. I did have a problem with the passenger side pipe that was sent. It had a weird extreme bend to it that when mounted, hit the transmission bell housing. Vexperformance was nice enough to send one ASAP but it was kinda surprising that it was so far off and that it left the shop that way.

4. Good thing about the pipes is that the drone is minimal. At least for my old ears its not noticeable at all.
Acute Performance/track lab Prepreg CF intake kit
  1. I purchased the 2.75inch kit as that was all that was available at the time. Probably could have gotten more HP going 3in but oh well.
  2. Had a problem initially with Michael sending me a kit with mounts for an aftermarket blow off valve, then me sending back the wrong part, and then Jotech sending back one of the pipes that fit stock and the other the aftermarket mount one! Michael was great dealing with this. So far it looks good. Will see how it does dealing with the heat at the track.
Weapon grade performance CCM brake kit
  1. well, I really was hoping this would go better. Even with the issues with the brake kit all of the other aftermarket parts still had some "issues" to deal with. However, as you can see from the CCM thread in the brake section it isn't something a DIY can do. I think if you have a non-2009 and you don't have to machine your calipers than it might not be as bad.
  2. not only did Jotech have to machine the backs, but they machined the fronts. The ZR1 front CCM "fit" but barely and they didn't feel that was safe so machined some off. Again something I couldn't do at home.
  3. also the Endless MX72 pads that was initially suggested are terrible. Maybe a bit worse than stock? On street driving they stop you but don't seem to grab. You really need to put a lot of pedal pressure down. Kenny at Jotech did some high speed stops during testing from 100 and strongly suggested to me that I don't use these pads at the track. I guess my frustration is that I wish this had been vetted out more (the European guys have already done this right?) and now I have to purchase another set of pads with my own money. That "should" fix the problem but the unknown if it will work well is still unsettling.
  4. If anyone is going to do this, I would ship your calipers to Doug at WGP and have him machine them and ship it back.
  5. the other annoying thing was the huge delay in getting the hats and brackets made. I am running up to track days having expected to have these mounted months ago...now I am not sure how they will do with 2 weeks time before the next track event.
  6. Regardless, they are a nice kit, look cool and hopefully with new pads will do as well as the other CCM kits.
  7. I have a Zele front lip with no brake ducts on now, but am waiting for the Revosport ducted lip to arrive.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i love their shop. we are hopefully wrapping up my stage 2 tomorrow/tuesday

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
Interesting feedback about the WGP CCM brakes.

Congrads on the build

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zele sideskirts, rear valence, and front lip. Godspeed rear spoiler. Speedshield wrap

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pretty CCM....I loved how light these are. Like I said I really hope the pads pan out.
You can see the WGP milled hats to get the ZR1 rotors to fit.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Interesting feedback on the MX72s. I have them on my car and feel that they are good. As good as the price they are asking for them? I'm not sure about that, but they are very good. As far as using them on the track.....I didn't think anyone would recommend that. Just from casual perusing I was led to believe that ME20s are best for track use with minimal street driving, and the MX72s are best for street driving with minimal track use tossed in.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Car looks great, can't wait to see it in person man! What pads are you gonna go with now? Might be interested in your MX72s as I am not happy with my current pads.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Interesting feedback on the MX72s. I have them on my car and feel that they are good. As good as the price they are asking for them? I'm not sure about that, but they are very good. As far as using them on the track.....I didn't think anyone would recommend that. Just from casual perusing I was led to believe that ME20s are best for track use with minimal street driving, and the MX72s are best for street driving with minimal track use tossed in.
I think the difference is the bite with the CCM rotors as all the feedback on these pads with stock or j-hook metal rotors seems great.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
sorry! I have the MX72 but ordered the ME20's but not sure when they will arrive.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you are welcome to the MX72s! Doug recommended going with the Pagid RS29s since I could get them quickly before the track day if Endless can't ship the ME20s

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
you are welcome to the MX72s! Doug recommended going with the Pagid RS29s since I could get them quickly before the track day if Endless can't ship the ME20s
PM me how much you want for the pads, do you have both front and rears?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep both front and rears. Give um to you for cheap! Just need to wait to see what pads I can get instead.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Car looks great!

I almost went with the Tracklab intakes myself but was put off by the fact you had to do bumper removal to mount them. Might change my mind later on if I decide to go further with the upgrades

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Also interested in the pads and zele front lip when your other lip arrives

Car looks great

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
How light are those rims, jesus, seeing all that material removed from the spokes makes me think they must be lighter then air! I sure hope they are durable! They look great though, very impressive.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I was going through my photos and realized i was at the shop when they were working on your car

·
Registered
727 Posts
So stillen supplies their rotors with the pagid rs29s. Shawn Hayes likes these pads on his ccm rotors. I'm interested to hear feedback on the endless me20's

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
They're actually endless W008 pads being sent. They're CCM Specific but have a 4 week leadtime from Japan :/

Robert - good feedback. I apologize for the initial delays in getting the hats. I'll gladly take the MX72s back if you want. I was originally led to believe these would be good but I think it got lost in translation.

The kit looks sick under your wheels!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts