Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now owned my 2010 GTR for 1 year. Today i had my 12 month POS and oil change. The cost of my maintenance amounted to $350.00 dollars this year with 2 trips back to the dealer for POS 1000MIl and 12 month POS including oil and filter changes.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
I have now owned my 2010 GTR for 1 year. Today i had my 12 month POS and oil change. The cost of my maintenance amounted to $350.00 dollars this year with 2 trips back to the dealer for POS 1000MIl and 12 month POS including oil and filter changes.
Nope. Wrong. It costs $42k/yr to own. Don't you read the internet?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still cant get over the Horsesh*t that some people feed into. This car has been a pleasure. I did go over the 18mos service with the GTR Tech and the transmission fluid change and the front and rear differential fluid change most likely will cost between $2000 and $2200. The cost of the fluid and parts alone are about$1500,But i was expecting that. You play you gotta pay. I dont suggest taking a chance on the transmission by not following nissans service reqs as i dont want them to come back and have an issue with transmission warranty if needed.

·
R35
1,312 Posts
I stocked up on all the fluids from the group by we did a while back with a vendor here. I think I paid around $1200 for fluids, oil filters, air filters, and cabin filters. I think I am good for 3 major services as far as materials are concerned. My 18mo service was $550 for labor.
Also, I stocked up on Mobil 1 0w40 while autozone had a special. I'm good for many many oil changes :)

IMO, that's the way to do it. Dealers markup too much. Just pay the labor.

I still cant get over the Horsesh*t that some people feed into. This car has been a pleasure. I did go over the 18mos service with the GTR Tech and the transmission fluid change and the front and rear differential fluid change most likely will cost between $2000 and $2200. The cost of the fluid and parts alone are about$1500,But i was expecting that. You play you gotta pay. I dont suggest taking a chance on the transmission by not following nissans service reqs as i dont want them to come back and have an issue with transmission warranty if needed.

·
R35
1,312 Posts
I went back to my messages and dag up the items from the group by.

tranny oil 16x
castrol diff oil 5x
in cabin filter 3x
oil filter 5x
Engine Air filter 2x

total with shipping was $1277.19
When I am out, I'm buying again through a vendor from here. Cheaper than paying retail at the dealer.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
+1 I went through thenismoshop.

Unfortunately, my CC's bank thought it was a fraudulent charge and called me, I allowed it, but thenismoshop never called to verify payment. I waited 1 week for absolutely nothing to happen. Not too thrilled about that. The price was good, but I hope to not count on them for customer service again. Was not pleased with the BS excuses. I ended up waiting for 3 weeks (excuse after excuse).

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about the 18 mos 18,000 mile service which includes the transmission flush,You still have to have it done by a dealer even if you supply the fluid right? If you do it outside the certified dealer it will screw up the warranty wont it? I have 4000 miles on the car so i think i have a while to go before i do brakes and i am sure i will do pads only with my local mechanic,while i was at the dealer there was another GTR with 20,000 miles on it and they did the brake pads and rotors and charged the guy $7900.I think that is insane!

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
What about the 18 mos 18,000 mile service which includes the transmission flush,You still have to have it done by a dealer even if you supply the fluid right? If you do it outside the certified dealer it will screw up the warranty wont it? I have 4000 miles on the car so i think i have a while to go before i do brakes and i am sure i will do pads only with my local mechanic,while i was at the dealer there was another GTR with 20,000 miles on it and they did the brake pads and rotors and charged the guy $7900.I think that is insane!
No, it just needs to be flushed. More than one member here has changed it themselves... I take mine to a local shop - labor = $270 for all fluid flushes.

*edit: My wife is the only one who touches my brakes. She changes out rotors and pads.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can see doing the transmission flush yourself after the warranty expires but it just gets me a little uncomfortable to have someone other than a dealer do the first flush at 18mos while the tranny is still under warranty.I would hate to think i had to eat the transmission repair if Nissan has any ground to stand on that the warranty was voided by not beinging able to prove the tranny flush was done timeley and correctly.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anybody want to comment about warranty and the transmission fluid change at 18mos.What did you do or what will you do when the time arrives?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jasper, Thanks i feel that i am going to let the dealer do the 18 month service and when its time to do it again 18 mos later i will take it to my tech to get it done. I just feel safer doing the first at the dealer even if i pay a little more at least if a trans problem comes up in the first 3 years they cant use failure to adhere to required maintenance as an out for a warranty issue.

·
Registered
271 Posts
So you only changed your oil out once in one year?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No,Twice. I purchased my car in Nov 2010. I changed the oil at the 1000 mile POS in feb 2011. I had my 12 month POS today. I have 4000 miles on the car and i had the oil changed again today.I will change it again in june when i bring the car in for the 18mos POS and i will do the transmission fluid then as well.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its very possible with the synthetic oil that you need only to change it every 10,000 miles or so, My BMW 650 recommends every 15,000 miles before changing the oil.But for the $150 bucks i figure while the car is there i might as well change it.I dont think you can hurt the car by changing it more often then recommended especially during the first10,000 miles.The manual for the 2010 recommends at 6000 and 12,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My first year maintenance was about $150

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.