Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics of my throttles, I wanted to fit them with an HKS Intake Manifold, but they are so much bgger than the inlet on the HKS unit I decided to leave them out. I've now sent them together with the OEM manifold to be matched up. Once that is back I will swap out the HKS again, and have the HKS manifold opened up. Then I'll change again. It's an easy job swapping the manifolds over, and I enjoy getting the tools out...

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This shows you the size difference compared to the HKS intake manifold flange:

· Registered
3,713 Posts
This shows you the size difference compared to the HKS intake manifold flange:

So is your HKS intake manifold inlet the see size as stock?

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the HKS part matches the standard throttle. Once I get the OEM intake back from being machined, I will post some pics up. Then when I come to do the job again, I'll get some more pics of the HKS and the OEM throttles together.

The machining isn't too difficult - it just needs opening up. The hardest part will be securing the intake to be milled.

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a couple more pics:

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I now have my original manifold back, matched up to the throttles:

· Registered
461 Posts
That looks really good man!

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
2,508 Posts
Is the machining done all the way through the entire intake manifold? If not, then wouldn't you still be limiting flow as they are still bottleneck by the inside?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry I've not had a chance to fit these yet.

They aren't machined all the way through, that would involve cutting the part open which is something that has been done before, but probably isn't worth the effort.

The work was done by a local machine shop that do bits and pieces for motorsport teams in the area. My goal was to just fit the throttle nicely to the manifold which they have done. Once my HKS manifold is off I will do the same again having these matched to it, however I will also do the lower part of the manifold at the same time then.

I'll be sure to post an update when these are fitted.

· Registered
280 Posts
I've taken off my HKS manifold to be machined, and took these pics so you can see that the HKS fits perfectly to the lower manifold.

Nissan also did a perfect job on the lower manifold, if you were to open it up you would need to do the gasket too. Because of that, I decided to leave the lower part alone. Good job Nissan:

And here is the HKS part (had it done before) with the OEM gasket - HKS quality:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.