Nissan GT-R Forum banner
3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  majj35 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had issues with my previous Protune on a mustang dyno. After posting my datalogs many approached and gave me the same feedback about my fuel trims, a/f being way off. I recently had a re-tune done on a dynojet by Rob from Kaizen Tuning. He did an amazing job, the car feels smooth, and I feel more comfortable after reading my new datalogs (not an expert in reading logs). (Datalog not uploading for some reason)

See less See more
#8 ·
I managed to do a new datalog, i had the transmission on "R" mode because I wanted to hit 7K rpms. I was a little slow in shifting to 4th. Car went past 7k and shrugged a little, felt weird. I've been paranoid ever since I increased power and lost warranty. Is that normal, when going over 7k and slow shifting?

Attachments

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
In R mode the car will let you hit the rev limiter. If you have not ever touched it before it can be alarming. It will make loud noises as well as bounce the RPM. In R mode throttle and ignition cut are set to the same RPM. In normal mode you will get fuel get about 100 RPM earlier. One is what I would call a soft limiter the other a hard limiter. It's hard limited in R mode so you don't have throttle closure.

Stop being paranoid and just enjoy the car my friend. You got nothing to worry about. Car looks to be running great!

#9 ·
Looking at the dyno graph and anything above 6500 and your on the decline ?

Don't know your mods, but assuming bolt ons and stock engine, I wouldn't take it over 7k.

Looking at that graph I'd shift at 6700+/- and ride that 5000+ curve.

Good luck.

#13 ·
^^ +1 - it's built for whatever you throw at it. Launch it. Enjoy it ;)

#15 ·
Been reading a lot about ecu logs trying to learn and understand more so I could look at logs and understand what i'm seeing 100%. Cobb keeps updating they're AP software so number or degrees keeps changing making it confusing to keep up. I would like to know what are the safe parameters. For example I know that (A/F Corr%) should range from "97-99" with a 5% variance etc...

What about:
-Dynamic Adv. (°): this should be 0 to 1 max correct?

-High Det. Flag (0/1) ?

-Ign Advance (°) ?

-Cam Adv B1 (°) ?

- Max Neg DA (°) ? : Mine is mostly 9° or 7

-Trans Req. Tq. 1 (raw) ? i don't know what this is, mine has always been in 4094.

I'd appreciate any help in explaining the above, and what are the safe parameters. Thanks !

#16 ·
Been reading a lot about ecu logs trying to learn and understand more so I could look at logs and understand what i'm seeing 100%. Cobb keeps updating they're AP software so number or degrees keeps changing making it confusing to keep up. I would like to know what are the safe parameters. For example I know that (A/F Corr%) should range from "97-99" with a 5% variance etc...

What about:
-Dynamic Adv. (°): this should be 0 to 1 max correct?

This will always be zero or negative as I do not allow the ECU to add dynamic advance only subtract. Letting the ECU add timing just always end up bad eventually

-High Det. Flag (0/1) ?

High det flag will be 0 or 1. 0 meaning safe mode is off. if the car pulls 4 degrees of timing (a dynmaic advance of -4 or higher) it will trigger safe mode and high det will show 1

-Ign Advance (°) ?

Ignition advance is just how it sounds. Showing you the current ignition spark timing the car is running.

-Cam Adv B1 (°) ?

Cam advance is just how it sounds. It's showing you cam timing the car is running

- Max Neg DA (°) ? : Mine is mostly 9° or 7

Max DA is the max allowed timing the car can remove upon engine knock. Not really a useful parameter to watch as it's just showing you what the limit is set to.

-Trans Req. Tq. 1 (raw) ? i don't know what this is, mine has always been in 4094.

TQ req is just a raw number the ECU looks at. It's 100% arbitrary and is not really a useful item to watch.

I'd appreciate any help in explaining the above, and what are the safe parameters. Thanks !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.