Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! Got rid of my 21" Cor Ciphers and had to wait 3 months for Rays to make this set of wheels for me. They are the Volk G25 in 20x10 and 20x12 in the Dark Prism Silver color which is really cool. Has sort of a rainbow effect in the sunlight. During those 3 months I had a lot of time to think about which tires to mount. Having driven on the OEM Dunlops and Michelin PSS, I liked the razor sharp handling of the Dunlops and felt the MPSS were far less responsive. Since the goal was performance, I went with a set of Nitto NT01 in 285/35/20 and 315/30/20. After heat cycling them, all I can say is that the grip is phenomenal. Like ridiculous. Far better than the OEM Dunlops and miles better than the MPSS. They are surprisingly quiet too. While I was at it, I decided to install a set of Zele carbon fiber side skirts. The quality of these pieces is amazing and fitment is perfect. Really transforms the look of the car.

Many thanks to Mike @ Evasive Motorsports for the install, and Eddie, Harry, and Hing for their help.

Warning.....lots of pics!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Very unique with that rainbow effect, car looks great.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks amazing OneFastDoc! Makes me want to sell my 11 rears for 12's. The Zele sides look good to. Now you need to lower just a little for that perfect stance.

BTW Did you use RAYS lugs too?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

@Vision - yes stock ride height.

@SkylineEX-S - yes I used Rays lugs, and I agree I need a drop. Only problem is in LA, my car already scrapes at a lot of places that I frequent. I would be in trouble if I lowered any more. I think the Zele skirts really changed the look of the car.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks amazing OneFastDoc! Makes me want to sell my 11 rears for 12's. The Zele sides look good to. Now you need to lower just a little for that perfect stance.

BTW Did you use RAYS lugs too?
I used Rays hardened steel lug nuts because
1) they match the Rays wheels
2) our cars require 95 ft lbs and none of the aftermarket aluminum lugs are rated that high (as far as I know)

·
Pew Pew
647 Posts
One of the best wheels for the GTR.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.