Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey all!

Awesome to have a community of R32 GTR owners here on GTR Life. GSX-R35 convinced me to start a build thread.

A little about me and my R32:

I originally signed up for this site because I owned a 2014 GTR but sold it after finding it a little boring to drive. I have owned a plethora of R32 GTRs in a past life while living in Canada, and have brought over 5 to the US so far. I sold them all but bought a particular one back from a friend I originally sold it to after realizing how rare it was, my #551 Nismo R32 GTR.

When I saw this R32 at auction in Japan I was instantly intrigued. #551 Nismo spec, but repainted to pearl white (my favorite color) in nearly immaculate condition inside and out. It was a one owner car with all of the maintenance records from Japan, but it had high mileage at 152,000 KMS.

Current mod list:

Nismo High Pressure Fuel Pump
Nismo Oil Cap
Nismo Rad Cap
Greddy Profec
Tomei Titanium Exhaust
Greddy Strut Tower Bar
Work D9R Wheels
Dunlop Dirrezza Zii Star Spec tires
K-sport Coilovers
HID headlights
Stillen slotted Rotors and Hawk pads
Custom built LED Tail lights and signal lights

Here is a video of it on the Dyno. I wanted to get a baseline. Unfortunately the numbers came back lower than I had expected and so I felt that the engine was probably in need of a rebuild. Checked compression tonight and found that the dreaded Cyl #6 was very low at 105 compared to the rest at ~148 and so my build journey begins today. I have started a spreadsheet and will be ordering parts over the next 6 months or so. The car still runs well but just feels down on power until it hits 14-18 psi of boost then comes in strong, so I can still drive it around on the weekends a bit. I will be working with Corey and Carl @ Scottsdale Vault for the build. These guys are amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Sorry to hear about the compression test man but I forgot to tell you earlier, the bright side about having to fix up your car at least it's a Nismo and that makes it more worth the effort

And we can swap notes as our builds go on lol.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about the compression test man but I forgot to tell you earlier, the bright side about having to fix up your car at least it's a Nismo and that makes it more worth the effort

And we can swap notes as our builds go on lol.
Haha thanks for the condolences. Yea! We will definitely be in touch.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Good luck with the build, and sweet car! I love it in white.

We just finished fixing a hose leak on mine. It was a hose by the back of the motor, so the plenum etc. all came off (the dreaded plenum lol).

I am thinking of building it over the winter too.

I'll be following to see how it goes.

·
Dream Crusher
2,812 Posts
Configt, this will be a good thread. Looking forward to the future build.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Good luck with the build and awesome looking car!

·
Founder/Admin
26,246 Posts
glad to see the the R32 community is starting to spring up with these great builds and take hold here on GTRLIFE!

·
Gun Guy
37 Posts
Beautiful car man I love the white

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Nice pick-up! Would love to see some good photos.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I will try and get some proper photos of the car this weekend or next to post it up. Its quite a fantastic unit! Just need to get a new motor in there :D.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
R35's are so boring, lol. Nice project though. I had an R33 it was pretty neat. Untitled though so I didn't drive it much

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
Good luck and enjoy the build !!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
White is definitely the best color for both the R32 and R35. The R33 would have to be midnight purple and R34 bayside blue. Awesome car man!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
White is definitely the best color for both the R32 and R35. The R33 would have to be midnight purple and R34 bayside blue. Awesome car man!
Thanks man!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm doing a rebuild on mine as well. I live in the Phoenix area so be nice to see more R32's here

Sent from my SM-N910P using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm doing a rebuild on mine as well. I live in the Phoenix area so be nice to see more R32's here

Sent from my SM-N910P using GT-R Life mobile app
Awesome man! Would love to meet you and compare build notes! I am new to the whole build process :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, I have not had much time due to work to update this thread. Here is a list from my build spreadsheet:

N1 Block
N1 Crank Shaft
ARP Head Bolts
Tomei Cam Cap Studs
SuperTech Valve Kit
SuperTech Valve Stem Seals
SuperTech Valve Guides
ACL Race Series Main + Rod Bearings STD
Tomei Cams Type B
CP Pistons Kit & Manley Rod Combo
NISMO twin plate clutch
FAN COUPLING ASSEMBLY
Nismo Timing Belt
Greddy Magnetic Drain Plug
Timing Belt tensioner
Idler Pulley
Nismo Intake Plenum
RB26DETT FUEL INJECTOR SEAL KIT
Rear Main Seal
Tomei GASKET COMBINATION RB26DETT 87.0-1.2mm - GASKET
Tomei OIL PAN BAFFLE PLATE
Fluidampr
Nismo 600cc injectors
Koyo Rad
TOMEI ADJUSTABLE CAM PULLEY
NISMO REINFORCED ENGINE MOUNTS KIT
TOMEI OVERSIZED OIL PUMP
Nismo Fuel pressure Regulator

I know there are some cheaper alternatives to the Nismo components I have in there but I like to keep as much Nismo on this build as possible since the car is a Nismo spec.

I am undecided on two things: EMS and turbo kit. Everyone seems to be going Haltech these days for their RBs, and I have seen some impressive results with the Haltech and a similar build to mine. I would like to see at least 550 whp with this build. That brings me to the turbo kit. I could go with the generic Garrett GT twin setup since it is safe and bolt on. The other option is to go with a new Borg Warner kit from Full Race. It isn't completely developed yet but it is pretty incredible with modern turbos. Thoughts?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts